Programme Controls Manager
Programme Controls Manager
Transport for London
Stratford, East London
Multiple vacancies available
We are a new delivery business within TfL that brings our major projects into one directorate, enabling us to deliver them more affordably, making sure we share knowledge, skills and expertise across our programmes to enable us to deliver more for less. It will also help us prioritise our programmes, embed strong and consistent project disciplines and deliver value for money in all that we do on behalf of London Underground and Surface.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Programme Controls Manager is responsible for leading the development, implementation and maintenance of Project Controls processes to ensure consistent and competent management of project controls across the assigned programmes and projects, in line with corporate standards and governance. Responsible for the day to day direction and coordination of Project Controls activities and resources in assigned programme areas to ensure consistently robust monitoring and control of programme performance and transparent reporting against the integrated programme and project baselines and key schedule milestones.
- Pro-actively contribute process, systems and tools improvement feedback to enable continuous process and performance improvements within wider TfL
- Ensuring consistent and effective project controls and reporting across the business with particular reference to project governance, project performance monitoring and reporting, scope management and change control
- Provision of on-going training for Project Controls resources
- Lead a team who directly support project delivery to establish a unified and high standard of quality output
- Collation of best practice intelligence from both external and internal sources for embedding discipline lessons learned
- Managing the implementation of quality improvement plans to drive corporate efficiencies and continuous improvements in project delivery
- Accountable for driving and leading a positive safety culture within projects and ensuring their team is invested in managing and improving HSE performance
- Demonstrate leadership in equality of opportunity, social inclusion, fair employment and environmental sustainability, creating an open, inclusive and engaging environment
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills to manage stakeholders across a diverse portfolio of projects with difficult resourcing solutions to solve in support of the delivery of high risk, value and complex project and programmes. Specific technical skills include:
- Information Management and Reporting
- Project Governance
- Change Control
- Budgeting and Cost Management
- Extensive knowledge of and understanding of capital projects and programmes with an emphasis on programme controls and how this supports and integrates with a wider high functioning environment.
- Knowledge of the professional disciplines of programme and project management in the context of complex capital projects.
- Knowledge of handling complex issues ina capital delivery environment to successful resolution.
- Good knowledge of project scheduling software (e.g. P3e, MS Project) and interfacing control systems e.g. excel, web portals, information management systems.
- Deep experience of creating, adapting and monitoring programme controls in major projects and experience of implementing tools to support changes.
- Deep experience of dealing with a range of stakeholders at all levels across an organisation influencing improving process and guidance to support project delivery.
- Significant programme, risk, commercial controls and pricing experience with associated management level status.
- Experience of developing commercial strategies and their associated implementation throughout all stages of the project lifecycle.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
- Final salary pension scheme.
- Free travel for you on the TfL network.
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan.
- 30 days’ annual leave plus public and bank holidays.
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional).
- Tax-efficient childcare payments.
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme.
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers.
- Discounted Eurostar travel.
On applying, you will need to supply your CV and a two page covering letter.
To apply please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Closing date: 31 August 2018 @ 23:59.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.