Regulatory Project Manager - Projects & New Business - Vice President
Regulatory Projects is part of the New Business and Projects team that manages New Initiatives and Change Programmes across the European entities, covering Fixed Income, Equity, Futures, Wealth Management and Asset Management.
The team reports to the European Chief Administrative Officer.
The Regulatory Project Manager is responsible for Regulatory Change Projects including Investment Firm Review (IFR), Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB), Standardised Counterparty Credit Risk (SA-CCR) and ongoing Axiom enhancements to ensure Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR) compliance. Furthermore, there will be involvement in Risk projects, ensuring the risk infrastructure projects are delivered to time & budget, specifically a European implementation of Risk Frontier, and ongoing global initiatives for the global impairment calculation initiatives.
The individual would work closely with the Regulatory Controllers team, Regulatory IT, Risk Managers & Risk IT to analyse and implement Regulatory & Risk solutions. The role will additionally be involved with many of the new business initiatives managed by the team, giving exposure to a varied and interesting range of products and strategic initiatives.
The key responsibilities are:
- Business Analysis to develop functional specifications from business requirements to comply with key regulatory initiatives (Regulatory Capital/Risk calculations).
- Designing User Acceptance Test plans and co-ordinating functional and user acceptance testing with the Regulatory Controllers and IT.
- Analysis of existing business processes and implementing new designs / liaising with source system data owners, assisting with the development of manual processes with appropriate controls to meet short term business requirements
- Project planning and reporting to Steering Committee.
- Co-ordinating on-going development.
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- Educated to degree level with prior experience in a financial services environment.
- Strong communication skills and team player.
- Analytical and numerate with strong technical skills.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, changing and evolving environment.
- Ability to work independently and assume responsibility for project deliverables.
- Strong business analysis / data mapping skills
- Intermediate Excel
It would also be desirable for some level of skill and experience in the following areas:
- Understanding of the FCA Regulatory Capital / Prudential Management framework (market risk, credit / counterparty risk capital calculations, large exposures), and knowledge of Risk systems.
- Understanding of the regulatory reporting process.
- High level product understanding across Fixed Income & Equities advantageous
- Previous experience of Axiom an advantage.