Field Operations Manager
Overall Purpose of the job
To co-ordinate the daily delivery of customer service in line with the agreed SLA's through the field teams, ensuring they are achieved in a safe, efficient, and customer focused manner.
leading, managing, motivating and engaging the field teams communicating the defined KPI's and SLA's and performance against these regularly, ensuring clarity of standards and expectations.
Main Duties & Repsonsibilities
- To ensure the utilisation of the field teams is at the optimum levels ensuring productivity levels/targets are achieved through effective scheduling.
- Ensure appropriate resourcing within the field service team through effective, recruitment, selection, development and coaching.
- Promotes H&S standards ensuring compliance with statutory and company requirements. Ensuring thorough risk assessments have been completed and detailed investigations and follow up actions are completed relating to any accidents or near misses reported.
- Manage labour and fleet costs within budget.
- Audit compliance to standards and processes through regular debrief process with customer service teams and field service engineers. Challenge all non-effective work and recognising excellent performance identified through de brief process.
- To ensure all colleagues within team are trained according to the BrightHouse processes and standards to achieve the excellent standards of customer service.
- Conduct regular briefing sessions to communicate company and local site performance in line with Company guidelines.
- To conduct regular field audits and store visits to ensure standards are adhered to in practice, obtaining feedback from internal customers during store visits.
- Develop effective relationships with Store Managers ensuring a effective service to both internal and external customers.
- Analyse information reporting field service performance and identify areas of development/improvement.
- Work closely with the Warehouse Manager, providing cover in their absence.
- Ensure compliance to all fleet related company, legal and mandatory requirements, including driver hours and fleet maintenance. Ensure accurate records relating to these are maintained
- Please be aware of and follow the organisation's security policy and practices, implement a clear desk policy, report incidents, and keep passwords secret.
Skills & Experience
- Full Driver's CPC
- An established career in logistics.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to lead, delegate, motivate, empower and coach others
- Understanding of legal requirements with regards to transport (CPC would be an advantage)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Able to analyse, interpret and present financial and performance information clearly and simply.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Experience of budget management/control
- Able to demonstrate making a significant step change in standards and performance in customer service
- Creates and articulates a clear sense of purpose and direction
- Plans, prioritises and monitors progress against clear objectives
- Encourages a strong team ethos