5 days left
- Full Time
Founded by Victor Mishcon in a one-room office in Brixton in 1937 we now have offices in London and New York, employ more than 800 people, with over 500 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals. In every area of the law that we operate, Mishcon de Reya prides itself in providing a best in class service to its clients. Specifically we offer the following legal services: corporate; dispute resolution; employment; family; private client; and real estate. An entrepreneurial spirit - where candour and involvement are key - characterises our ability to develop and execute the strategies required to achieve our clients’ goals in all these areas. We are an independent firm with an international footprint that extends far beyond our offices in London and New York.
We are looking for experienced project manager to join the team at Mishcon de Reya to deliver strategic IT business change projects.
In order to be successful in this role, you will be a strong self-starter with a comprehensive knowledge of managing the delivery of complex projects. You will have the ability to question both technical and business project resources to validate decisions and ensure project success. Analytical skills and experience are also required in developing solutions and making decisions or more complicated judgements, within general operating guidelines. Non-routine issues may be referred to the role for resolution so agility and flexibility is key.
You will have day to day contact with a variety of key stakeholders across the Firm, including Directors and senior managers and will need to bring commitment and rigour to proper planning, development and delivery of key projects. You will manage your project teams' resources effectively and will work with them to maintain focus on the areas that will create the most impact, in line with the overall business and project objectives.
- To plan, execute, and finalise projects through to their successful delivery, in line with the agreed schedule, quality and budget.
- To define project objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle
- To co-ordinate with the Projects Team to deliver projects within agreed timescales
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Work with Business Analysts to define and scope projects
- Produce, update and own key project artefacts, including Project Governance, Project Plans, RAID Logs, Communications Plans, Change Impact Analysis, Resource Plans and Budgets
- Execute projects within the defined project scope, goals and deliverable that support business goals
- Effectively communicate project expectations & progress to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Tracking and reporting of multiple projects into the programme board
- Participate in monthly task and resource planning exercises
- Participate in regular portfolio reviews to project/amend long term plans and understand task/resource dependencies
- Work with Project Leads for multiple work-streams to track progress, dependencies, finances and identify risks and issues
- Co-ordinate/matrix manage tasks and responsibilities with appropriate personnel
- Identify and seek to resolve issues and time/resource conflicts within the project team
- Participate in project post mortems to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Adopt best practices and tools for project execution
- Minimum of 4 years' experience as a professional project manager, ideally having worked in more than one organisation.
- PRINCE 2 or other relevant accreditation essential.
- Managing of large multiphase projects, with ongoing re-planning throughout, adapting plans to accommodate changes in priorities/issues encountered
- Experience of building out plans based on incomplete information (assumption based planning & long-term modelling)
- Negotiating timescales and resources with global delivery teams
- Working with demanding senior stakeholders to understand objectives and needs and to negotiate consensus
- Promoting of benefits of project management principles to senior stakeholders and within a larger programme
- Experience in change management (including cultural change).
- Competency in project management tools (e.g. MS Project)
- Knowledge of aspects of IT other than Project Management
- Knowledge of Business Analysis techniques
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure and/or software development methodologies
- Pro-active and takes initiative. Drives progress and delivery
- Managing Conflict - Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Adaptable and flexible approach - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders
- Navigating Complexity & Ambiguity - Proactively and quickly making sense of complex issues; responding effectively to complex and ambiguous situations; communicating complicated information simply
- Ability to effectively manage own workload
- Excellent communicator – ability to clearly and succinctly convey information to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions; engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. Adapting communication style based on audience or individual styles/needs
- Good presenter
- Methodical and analytical
- Creative problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s, potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business.