North Midland Construction is a national building, civil engineering and mechanical, electrical contractor with 70 years’ experience. With our Head Office based in Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire we operate through a number of strategically placed regional offices covering the whole of the British Isles; offering clients a one stop shop for their construction requirements.
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager within the Highways division. The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing all activities and staff to ensure that design, procurement, financial control and site activities are managed to the highest standards in all areas of delivery.
Working with the client in ensuring that the key deliverables within each stage of the projects are being administered to the highest quality the Project Manager will ensure that the proper interpretation of the design briefs are established and the delivered solutions meet and exceed the expectations of the client.
Working with the client to enable the most efficient and cost effective approach in delivering outstanding projects while maintaining the highest standards of health, safety, quality assisted by the Commercial manager you will demonstrate and develop and financial controls that detail profit and loss and detailed cost to complete reports for each project within the program.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Promote strong H&S guidance
- Ensure commercial challenge at all times to site teams
- To regularly review project status ensuring all options have been considered and evaluated to improve construction performance.
- To coordinate with the Integrated Project Team to ensure that the design activities are visible and that all operations are aligned to support the construction programme
- Promote Near Miss and Positive Intervention reporting
- Development of strong team working relationships
- Ensuring all project KPI`s and KPM`s are achieved
- Developing accurate efficient project programmes
- Developing accurate cost forecasts
- Ensuring CTC’s are in place
- Ensuring all design/construction WPR’s are updated weekly/monthly and returned to the Planner
- Ensuring Comm Cell attendance
- Ensuring compliance with NM Group procedures
- Manage office and site staff requirements and resourcing against multiple live projects
- Cost risk management, early identification of problematic projects
- Produce safe and efficient sites through promotion of H&S to the highest standards
- Ownership of the entire project, design, costs, programme, documentation, site activities, procurement and ensure updates are carried out weekly/monthly etc
- Safe, efficient and cost effective delivery of projects
- Bring innovative ideas
- Meet set targets / monitor against PM KPI’s
- High management level meeting attendance as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Highways construction experience including roads and bridges, retaining structures
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Have good IT skills
- Construction of 278 works