Associate Project Manager
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm who provide cost and project management and consultancy services to public and private sector clients around the world.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including Project Managers, Project Surveyors, and Engineers — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world. We are a leader in all of the key markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. We provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’.
Our Oxford Project Management business unit continues to grow to service the region across Health, Science, Education, Residential and Commercial markets where it has successfully secured positions with many high profile clients and some of the largest projects and programs in the industry.
As a direct result of this growth AECOM is currently seeking a full time Associate Project Manager to work in our Abingdon Office.
As Associate Project Manager you will lead a team of experienced Project Managers in the delivery of a large programme of works for a key client at their Harwell site in Oxfordshire.
This is a £100m+ programme of works which includes several buildings ranging from Satellite Testing Facilities to flexible research laboratories. As project lead you will enjoy a high level of client exposure and the opportunity to develop repeat business through delivery excellence.
Your role will include management of the client P&L account as well as contributing to the development and growth of the wider Project Management team.
Our Oxford office benefits from a strong pipeline of work and excellent opportunities for progression for the right individual.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
Key experience required in summary:
- Experience of delivering complex science and/or healthcare projects in a lead role
- Experience managing multiple projects from inception to completion
- Experience of administering NEC Option A Contract
- Experience of managing high performing teams, project resourcing and developing junior members of staff working towards their chartership.
- Experienced in client account management including profitable management of fees
- Experience of developing new business with existing clients
- Experience of leading or contributing to bids and winning new work
- Professional Qualified – Project Management/Construction/Engineering/Quantity Surveying Degree
- Chartered (RICS, CIOB, RIBA, ICE or other equivalent institution)
- CSCS card
- APM affiliation preferred (as secondary accreditation)
- Prince2 or MSP experience
- Planning & Programming skills (MSProject/Asta/Primavera)
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.