Project / Portfolio Management
Algo Program/Project manager- senior member of the Global Algo team (based in London).
The Algo Technology team delivers the firm's low-latency electronic trading platform globally and covers Algorithmic Trading, Client Connectivity, Exchange Connectivity and Real-time Market Data. The Project Management division within the Algo group is a specialist team focused on the management, analysis, governance, financials and compliance for all the projects in the Group.
- Project and Program manage Algo initiatives with a focus on the Engines area. These are often complex, multi-disciplined projects that may also require business analysis and scope definition. The manager will be working with business clients, development leads, infrastructure teams and support, risk and compliance functions to provide the Project/Program plan and continued tracking toward deployment.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements, issues, risks, progress reports.
- Analysis of project data and building automated reports & dashboards.
- Project management administration involving project deliverables, status, via firm required tools
- Planning and forecasting with significant investment in the annual plan
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Drive project success
- Project evaluations and assessment of results to senior management.
- 5 years Project management and Program management of front office technology
- Effective collaboration across various stakeholders - Business units, Technology, Operations and Production support teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; good verbal and written skills
- Experienced in Project Life Cycle, SDLC, Agile development practice.
- Electronic trading experience a major plus
- Experience with regulatory deliverables
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools including risk management
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage expectations and handle high-pressure situations with tight deadlines
- Proven experience in change management
- Nice to have: people management, strategic planning and project management certification
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1.