Project Planner / Planning Capability SME
This role has three main areas requiring different skills as follows:
Your primary responsibility is for developing, updating and analysing project schedules in Microsoft Project (2010-2013), including processing and analysis of Estimates to Complete. You must be able to demonstrate competence in project planning and control techniques, the use of Microsoft Project for cost and resource loaded schedules, as well as having a good understanding of Earned Value Management. You will be expected to provide technical planning support to the PM Capability more broadly, to ensure consistent quality and integrity of schedules.
Your secondary responsibility is to act as the scheduling advisor for the programmes under your control, via promoting the use of the project plan as an early warning indicator tool for schedule, cost and risk, thus enabling early identification and correction of issues by the programme team. An understanding of the application of Schedule Risk Analysis tools and techniques would also be beneficial.
Your tertiary responsibility is to develop material that can be used to further knowledge and confidence in the execution of project planning techniques. This will involve you instructing in a classroom based environment on a regular basis.
- Support Project & Programme Managers in the development and maintenance of project schedules using Microsoft Project.
- Ensure compliance with current Earned Value Management guidelines and planning best practice when compiling and updating project plans.
- Progress project plans through weekly schedule updates ensuring key issues are highlighted where necessary.
- Manage the monthly Estimate to Complete (ETC) process for programmes under your control, providing Project Managers with EAC variance analysis data in support of programme cost management.
- Perform quarterly Schedule Risk Analysis for relevant programmes ensuring key risks are modelled in the toolset and that key areas of schedule risk are identified and highlighted to the programme teams.
- Where required, manage the integration of key subcontractor schedules into the overall project schedule network to support earned value reporting and management of prime/subcontractor interdependencies and issues.
- Facilitate critical path analysis reviews at the Integrated Programme Team level, including development of work-around plans to minimise programme schedule impacts.
- Perform or direct the performance of any requested analyses or reports relating to schedule adherence, schedule performance measurements, Schedule Risk Analysis, etc.
What we are looking for:
- Thorough knowledge of project planning processes and techniques and their use for the planning, tracking and monitoring of complex programmes.
- Expert Microsoft Project skills and experience of schedule resource loading and analysis.
- Understanding of Earned Value Management techniques and their use for analysing project performance.
- To be effective in this role you will need to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will need the ability to negotiate and influence with confidence at both junior and senior levels, and be able to take on tasks in a proactive and resourceful manner.
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes - often collecting and analysing huge volumes of data.
We employ over 4,000 people across 18 countries in the Americas, APAC, UK and EMEA
Help us secure a connected world. Apply now and be inspired.