Project Planner - Major Projects
The Atkins Infrastructure Project Delivery Practice is the centre of excellence for the delivery of infrastructure projects and the home unit for our project management staff. The team is responsible for delivery of design services across our Markets of Water Infrastructure, Defence Infrastructure, Aviation, Energy, Stations and Urban Developments. These may be delivered as single major projects or a programme of smaller projects. Our Clients include, AWE, Berkeley Homes, BAE Systems, DIO, EDF, Environment Agency, Gatwick Airport, Heathrow Airport, High Speed 2, Horizon, London City Airport Metropolitan Police, United Utilities, Scottish Water, Sellafield, Seven Trent Water, St Modwen, Thames Water, Transport for London.
Atkins Infrastructure Project Delivery Practice (PDP) are looking to recruit a qualified Project Planner with experience of complex infrastructure projects to be based in our London or Epsomoffices. This is an opportunity to join a well-respected team and to have a significant impact on the successful delivery of multi-million pound contracts.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Projects schedule and project controls requirements.
- Responsible for completion of projects to time and cost
- Able to assign work to other project planners team
- Provide regular supervision to junior members of the team
- Regular client contact and building relationships
- Provision of project performance data, project schedules in a concise and timely manner as required by the projects teams.
- Successful in identifying any project deviations, slippage reports and communication of same to the senior members of the team.
- Ensuring that all issues within the programme are highlighted and understood by Senior Management and giving appropriate planning advice.
- Deliver periodic programme updates and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the programme on a period by period basis.
- You will deliver the necessary reports to allow Senior Managers to direct the project appropriately.
- Expert user of Primavera software.
- A detailed understanding of infrastructure projects how they are designed, constructed and commissioned.
- Able to accurately define project programmes and schedules.
- Experienced Engineering Professional with a minimum HNC qualification, or equivalent in an Engineering or related discipline.
- Must be able to work under own initiative in the production of Project Programmes and Tender Programmes.
- Develop broad technical competence and able to check work of all those in the project team.
- Experience of managing interfaces with engineering disciplines with minimal supervision.
- Experience in preparing project resource histograms, and performance analysis data, and Earned Value Analysis.
- Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of Project Controls Techniques including, budget and spend management, change control, data analysis, trend analysis.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help its staff make the best of their abilities and talents. Personal development is reviewed through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills in a supportive and friendly environment. For full details of our benefits package please refer to our website.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.