This is an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager with construction contract administration experience and a real passion for delivering multi-discipline projects, predominantly based in the Yorkshire region. This role would also suit an Assistant Project Manager who is looking to take the next step in their career.
Joining the existing Civil Engineering team, you will be involved in delivering projects to the value of £10m and will have responsibility and accountability for specific aspects of projects. You will continue to develop your existing, wide range of project management and contract administration skills and knowledge, working closely with clients, contractors, stakeholders and colleagues to deliver to some challenging timelines.
We are looking for professionally credible and commercially minded project managers with enthusiasm, energy and the ability to act on their own initiative to meet clients’ expectations. The ability to identify project requirements, develop a programme of delivery, control costs, manage project governance and administer construction contracts on behalf of clients will be crucial for success. You will be busy, challenged and well rewarded.
From day one, you will be immersed in a variety of duties. We will expect you to quickly understand and assist in the management of design stages, procurement, tendering and administration of construction contracts on a variety of projects in the commercial and residential development sectors. You should have a determined approach to delivery, embracing the project team around you, forming effective relationships and always looking to deliver projects to the highest standard.
Specific activities will include all aspects of project delivery support from start to finish, including:
- Quality control
- Cost control
- Preparation of tender and contract documents
- Evaluating tenders
- Contract stage project management and administration
- Health and safety aspects
- Client and stakeholder liaison,
- The role could also include bid support
- Tertiary (degree equivalent) engineering or construction delivery related degree
- Chartered membership or working towards Chartered membership of a recognised professional institution
- Project management and professional qualifications or be committed to achieving these
- A keen interest in developing skills in project management and contract administration
- Good communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively with clients and suppliers and to deliver results
- Professional and ethical in everything that you do
- Knowledge of multi discipline project development and implementation
- Able to Identify and develop a phased approach to delivery, working collaboratively with the client to understand and agree project requirements
- Understanding of the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract or other recognised contract form that is applicable to the construction industry.
- Microsoft Project / MS software
- Driving licence
- Suitability for security clearance
WYG is an award-winning, professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through six business streams:
- International Development
- Infrastructure & Built Environment
- Programme & Project Management
- Surveying & Asset Management
- Planning and Transport
WYG plc’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
A rewarding future is yours at WYG. We are committed to supporting your personal aspirations and, with clear career paths and a wide range of opportunities, your goals will always be within reach. Our blended learning experience will help you to develop all the skills and qualifications that you need to succeed. Fantastic flexible benefits and personalised rewards make up an excellent package.