Project Manager - Consultant
We have an exciting opportunity for experienced project managers to manage a diverse pool of projects. You will have the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the Project Board within the constraints laid down by the board.
The Project Manager’s prime responsibility is to ensure that the project produces the required products, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. The Project Manager is also responsible for the project producing a result that is capable of achieving the benefits defined in the Business Case.
As a Project Manager you will be heading up the team, working closely with clients and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to translate client needs into projects which deliver solutions. Alternatively, you will head up a work stream within a larger or complex Programme, helping to develop Business Case, Project Plans, manage Risks and Issues, manage Benefits, or identify Business Requirements, depending on the client’s needs.
The projects we support typically include both operational and technical transformation, so the successful candidate will need to demonstrate experience of working as part of a wider business transformation project. We also often work in complex, multi-agency environments, so experience of working effectively with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver a project is highly desirable. In addition to client facing work, we also expect our consultants to play an active role in amazing internal projects.
Please note this is a permanent position and requires regular business travel and working away from home on a weekly basis is expected - please confirm you would be happy to do this?
Applications without a CV won't be accepted.
Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate will have at least 2 years experience leading large scale business transformation projects as a Project Manager in a regulated environment
- Understands the key stages of a project management methodology and the role of the Project Manager within the overall Governance framework
- Ability to apply appropriate project and programme management frameworks to suit client needs
- Has experience in taking on the role of Project Manager in large and complex projects either singularly or as part of a larger programme, or the role of Programme Manager in smaller or simpler assignments
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Degree (2:1 or higher) or equivalent qualification
- Holds PRINCE2® practitioner qualification
- Holds, or is working toward, MSP® practitioner or another specialist PPM qualification (such as, but not exclusively, MoR®, P3O®, ITIL®)
- Holds, or is working toward, full membership of APM
- Other industry recognised qualifications (desirable)