Mitie Total Security Management have a fantastic opening for an Operations Manager to join our division in Cardiff.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Operations Manager will be overseeing a designated portfolio of clients, ensuring that all contracted and temporary hours are fulfilled by trained security officers to the complete satisfaction of those clients. The retention and development of contracts and security officers is key to the business and total quality management is a primary objective.
Duties of the Operations Manager will include (but not be restricted to):
- The Operations Manager will ensure that all contracts are manned to the agreed levels; Manage the staff on all assignments to ensure that the operational delivery of the service is maintained to the highest standards and to the complete satisfaction of the clients; Provide Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and monthly client visit reports as required for regular review with the Regional Manager; Wherever applicable measure performance indicators to ensure standards are constantly maintained/improved; Manage expenditure to the agreed budgets with no detrimental effect on service delivery; Agree as and when required new charge and pay rates
- The Operations Manager must: Monitor labour turnover, absenteeism and performance standards and recruit staff to ensure that retention is greater than 75%; Monitor staff performance and appraise staff in line with company policy; Ensure that staff comply with Health and Safety requirements in all aspects of their work; Fulfil Duty Management responsibilities on a rostered basis in line with agreed procedures; Maintain accurate and up to date Assignment Instructions and review annually, security officers should be assessed to ensure their understanding and compliance (all instructions must be signed as having been read and understood)
- The Operations Manager will also: Address any complaints and raise them for the attention of the Regional Manager, and make sure these are logged; Regularly review all administrative quality procedures; Understand and advise on any invoicing issues, credit note requirements and bad debts; Negotiate annual reviews and gain price increases for existing contracts; Attend/Monitor monthly minuted meetings from clients using SLAs as basis for agenda
What we expect of our Operations Manager:
- Professional appearance and presentation
- Methodical and well organise
- Resilient and tenacious
- “Can do” approach
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good communicator – verbal and written
Mitie has over 53,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
If you are an energetic and responsible professional who share’s our belief that you can be the ‘Exceptional Everyday’ then please click ‘apply’ now.