Lead IFRS17 Project Actuary
Oliver James Associates Ireland are exclusively representing a leading Life and Reinsurance Insurer, based in Dublin City Centre. Our client is actively seeking to appoint a Head of Corporate Actuarial Function.
Oliver James Associates Ireland are exclusively representing a leading Life and Reinsurance Insurer, based in Dublin City Centre. Our client is actively seeking to appoint a Head of Corporate Actuarial Function. The successful incumbent will be a qualified and experience, senior life actuary; who processes extensive experience in reporting, modelling, project management and who is comfortable at dealing at C-Suite level.
- The successful incumbent will be responsible for managing the implementation of the new regulation processes alongside a finance transformation initiative
- You will have complete oversight of current and upcoming commercially driven actuarial and support function re-organisations on a national and international basis
- The role will involve liaising with multiple business units, both locally and internationally
- You will need to drive the project forward to the point that the process can be incorporated into BAU process
- Projects will include and are not limited to, the redeveloping of Reporting structures in advance of IFRS17
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified Actuary
- EU and/ or UK working experience
- Preferred working experience from within the Irish Insurance Market
- Strong actuarial background - ideally involved in the implementation of regulations or processes surround reporting and modelling
- Extensive project management experience
- Extensive senior stakeholder management up to C suite level
- Extremely competent at networking and liaising with other businesses units
- Strong Preference for those with IFRS 4 Phase II and/or IFRS17 experience
Our client offers a strong level of autonomy to manage current and upcoming projects as you see fit, combined with C-Suite engagement at all staged, combined with defined career growth and an excellent base and benefits package.
Please note this role is NOT open to Non-EU citizens, your application WILL be discounted on receipt should you not be an EU Citizen.
This vacancy is exclusive to Oliver James Associates.
For more information, please send your CV to the below address.