Project Manager (Fixed Term Contract)
Our client , a global consultancy are now looking for a Facilities Management Project Manager to join their team for an initial 6 Month Project.
The Facilities Management team have a requirement for an in-house Project Manager to manage the London estate projects. The Project Manager will be required to liaise with the client, key stakeholders and the FM team. The Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation and execution (from brief / concept through to handover and completion) of all FM projects, implementing best practice and standards, compliance, clear record keeping and ensuring that the projects interact seamlessly with the day to day FM duties. The Project Manager role will report to the Deputy Head of FM and work closely with The Hard Service, Soft Service and Helpdesk Manager as well as the Group Finance Administrator.
The role and areas of activity required are outlined below:
- Taking and developing project briefs
- Developing project budgets
- Establishing and managing project financials and cash flow
- Establishing project teams
- Managing the complete design, tender, construction, commissioning, handover and defects process
- Management of project stakeholders and client team
- Preparing, running and managing the tendering and procurement of construction contracts, including existing frameworks
- Developing, adhering to and updating project programs
- Chair and minute project progress and design team meetings
- Prepare monthly project client reports
- Liaise with design team lead designer to ensure design progress and quality matches client expectations
- Liaise with other Arup specialists and internal / external design teams to ensure best practice and knowledge transfer
- Ensure all project information is collated and filed for audit purposes
- Act as the main point of contact for all customer liaison with colleagues, keeping them up to date of projects and requirements of their contractors
Provide Project Management support to delivery teams in the following areas:
- Change Control
- Risk management
- Actions / Issues management
- Facilitation of meetings
- Commissioning snagging & handover
Requirements and Skills
- Professional qualification (ideally Chartered with 3 years minimum PQE) in Project and Programme management qualifications, such as MAPM, MRICS or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate successfully across all levels of a client organisation
- Ability to work efficiently and methodically (ensuring quality and detail are always maintained)
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work with design team, contractors and key equipment vendors to ensure performance
- Knowledge and experience of working with standard forms of construction contract, e.g. JCT;
- Able to identify stakeholders, determine requirements, roles and responsibilities and expectations and manage them effectively
- Maintain excellent relations with clients
- Ensure line manager is kept informed about key issues
- Able to resolve conflicts or lack of engagement by use of influencing skills
- Can be firm whilst maintaining good relations with all parties
- Maintains good communications with clients, keeping them regularly appraised of the progress of their projects.
- Self-motivated, proactive and collaborative
- Excellent at networking and building trust and rapport.
- Very good communicator (verbal, written and listening)
- Good numeracy skills
- Knowledge of statutory bodies and the regulatory environment
- Good commercial and contractual awareness
- You should have demonstrable evidence of typically over 5 years’ experience of working in a project management role, ideally with experience in occupied offices, healthcare or education projects (schools, higher education, and further education)
If you believe you have all the required experience, please contact the friendly Maxwell Stephens Team on email@example.com or call 0207 118 4848 to discuss in more detail.