Cargill’s Chocolate plant in Liverpool is a production facility at the hub of the UK confectionary industry. As part of Cargill’s global Cocoa and Chocolate business, we produce a full range of milk, white and plain chocolate in bulk liquid and compound form used in various applications for customers in the confectionery, biscuit, bakery and dairy industries.
To strengthen our business we are searching for a highly motivated Operations (Plant) Manager. Reporting to the Regional Operations Leader Chocolate Europe you will be responsible for all operational activities and financial performance of the site.
- Responsible for all operations activities and financial performance of the Liverpool facility (approx. 60 employees) in line with the high level customer product/quality standards
- Leading and working closely together with the plant management team, 5 direct reports; indirectly leading colleagues of Commerce, R&D/Technical Services, Food Safety/QA and Controlling
- Setting up and implementing the year plan and budgets for the plant
- Developing and coaching both the plant management team and the production management team
- Supporting and facilitating the successful process of implementing the continuous improvement program based on the principles of Stable Operations/Six Sigma
- Ensuring the entire site is and remains compliant with the Cargill EHS standards and goals
- Defining, in collaboration with the local team, a 3 year plan for CAPEX needs
- Maintaining and enhancing cooperation with other Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate Manufacturing Sites to determine and share best practices
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in Food Technology, Chemical Engineering or in a technical discipline
- Senior and relevant experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in food, feed, pharma or chemicals
- Able to lead and develop multifunctional teams; track record in implementation of continuous improvement projects
- Sound influencing skills, able to win support and build commitment in an international company with different cultures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proficiency in French and/or German is a plus
- Personal skills: leadership, change agent, able to deal with complexity and ambiguity, drive for results, hands on mentality and team player
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.