Forget any preconceived ideas that you might have about being an Ombudsman or working in the Not-for-profit sector... Rest assured there’s not a monocle, microfiche reader or a wood panelled boardroom in sight!
At Ombudsman Services, we are fast paced, transforming business with an eye on the digital future and a unified, clarity of purpose – to be Good for Consumers and Good for Business.
Our transformation requires us to supplement our existing talent with external capabilities to help accelerate and support us on our journey.
Key accountabilities of the role:
- Understands and frames project alignment and preliminary scope (with organisational objectives and customer needs), and achieves agreement with project sponsor.
- Develops a high-level project strategy, and taking a holistic view of the project selects and uses a suitable project management methodology (in compliance with OS Change Framework and PMO Standards), and establishes the project's key milestones and deliverables.
- Defines project deliverables using a work breakdown structure (WBS), defines activities, dependencies, time and cost estimates to deliver approved scope, and implements scope management.
- Plans and manages for project success in an organised manner and takes accountability for delivering the project. Schedules project activities against resource commitments, avoiding bottlenecks and conflicts.
Identifies, qualifies and quantifies the project's high-level risks (threats or opportunities), assumptions and constraints.
- Identifies project stakeholders, conducts stakeholder analysis to gain buy-in for the project and establish needs and expectations.
- Leads/manages cross-functional projects teams and managers, empowering them to deliver. Identifies changes, and impacts of them, to baseline project plans. Addresses any variations to plan. Follows the change management process to manage and record changes. Executes configuration management process.
- Creates a team environment that promotes high performance. Builds project team, conducts team building activities, holds regular team meetings, and monitors team satisfaction.
- Motivates and mentors project team members and provides performance feedback to project team members, and to project team members for annual reviews
- Models and Reinforces our Company Values
- Leadership Success Factors – (SHARE - Strategic thinking, Human touch, Agility, Results focus, EQ)
- Ability to engage – Consult and contract with ExCo, SLT and their leadership teams on change requirements and deliverables to achieve better outcomes and results
Essential experience and qualifications:
- Experience leading project teams >30 resources assigned, to translate strategies into deliverables.
- Experience of delivering multiple interrelated projects and workstreams with internal and external suppliers. 6-12 month duration, multiple plans (tasks, milestones, implementation, testing, etc.) with different groups.
- Experience of influencing stakeholders across a matrix environment: with vendors or 3rd parties.
Skilled in dealing with: resource conflicts, changing portfolio priority, lack of business engagement, unclear business requirements, lack of business SMEs, unclear regulatory environment.
- Proven budget and expense management skills, able to effectively manage and control a project budget including the effective administration of authorised spend up to £2m.
- Project management accreditation (i.e. with PMI, APM)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Education at degree level, or equivalent
What we can offer you:
- Market rate salary
- Remote working
- Newly built modern offices, easily accessible.
- The opportunity to work on very interesting projects and be part of an exciting transformation.
- Monthly desk massages / therapy
- Sports and social events.
- On -site Cafeteria
Join us and become part of a team determined to make our vision a reality.
For further details on the role brief or a confidential conversation please contact recruitment@ombudsman-services.
We are passionate about what we do and, together, we make a difference. You can find out more about us on our website www.ombudsman-services.org
We promote an environment that is free from unfair or unlawful discrimination, harassment and intimidation and where every individual has access to our services and can contribute to our work.
Ombudsman Services is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community