Associate - Project Management
The Building Consultancy group provides Building Surveying and Project Management Services to commercial property occupiers, developers and investors throughout the UK from our offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester.
We enjoy strong and productive relationships with a first rate client base and with many other parts of the business, including our Agency, Investment, Valuation and Asset Management teams. The Building Consultancy group has been identified as an area for strategic growth and as a result we are now aiming to strengthen the Project Management Team in London. We require an experienced Associate level Project Manager, reporting to the Project Management Partner.
- To lead a number of fit-out and refurbishment projects, reporting to the Project Management Partner, but assuming day to day responsibility for delivery.
- To contribute to business development through the establishment of key relationships with other parts of the business. The particular area or sector of focus will depend upon the successful candidate’s background and experience, but is likely to include central London fit-out and refurbishment projects (£0.5m-£5m).
- To bring a structured, professional and pragmatic approach that will help to reposition Gerald Eve Project Management within the marketplace.
The role is client facing and would suit someone who is well presented, has good written and verbal communication skills and is eager to learn and develop their career. The candidate will be highly motivated, hardworking and with a can-do attitude who wants to help shape the future direction of the team and is likely to have a background in building surveying, project management or cost consultancy.
Key Attributes and Qualifications
- A university degree in surveying or construction.
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Minimum 4 years PQE with a focus on fit-out and refurbishment projects.
- Project monitoring experience would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work in a small team setting.
- Membership of the Association for Project Management beneficial.
- Prince 2 training beneficial.
Salary and benefits
- Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
- Car allowance
- Performance related staff profit share scheme
- 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
- Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
- Life/Accident insurance
- Private Medical Cover
- Fitness Allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity pay after two years’ service
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Your progression will be supported and guided by managers and mentors using a transparent framework so you can clearly see what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
The normal hours of work for this position are 0900hrs to 1730hrs, Monday to Friday. This position also involves out of hours working on an ‘as necessary’ basis.
The firm is an equal opportunities employer and applications from persons belonging to minority groups are encouraged.
Your personal data submitted and processed in relation to this job application will be stored and processed securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy. By submitting an application you are agreeing to your data being used, stored and processed for the purpose of recruitment.
The terms and conditions of this appointment may be varied by the firm to meet business requirements and/or to meet changes in best practice or legal requirements.