Project Manager - Police Property Group
7 days left
- Full Time
The Project Manager leads and manages project teams to develop, deliver, monitor and evaluate a portfolio of strategic projects, to achieve project outcomes, and support achievement of organisational objectives.
- Lead the development and delivery of a portfolio of projects, identifying interdependencies and leveraging resources to maximise efficiencies and achieve required organisation outcomes.
- Lead and oversee all aspects of project development and implementation across a portfolio of complex projects, including preparing business cases and project plans, establishing appropriate governance, identifying, allocating and managing resources, and meeting reporting requirements, to ensure project outcomes are achieved on time, on budget, to quality standards and in line with the NSWPF project management methodology.
- Develop and implement strategies and tools for the continuous monitoring and evaluation of projects, including risk and contingency management, benefits realisation, and project impact and quality measures, to identify and address issues and assess project progress and overall effectiveness.
- Lead and manage project team/s, including external and internal project staff, to deliver all key project/s milestones and outcomes.
- Manage stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation and issues management to ensure stakeholders are engaged throughout the project and project deliverables are met.
- Provide expert advice and information to stakeholders on emerging project issues and present recommendations to support project delivery in line with established plans, budgets, timeframes, policy objectives and other project priorities.
- Oversee research and formulate recommendations to support evidence based project planning and decision making.
- Managing complex and sensitive consultations and negotiations with diverse stakeholders, within agreed timelines, given their varying expectations, viewpoints and interests.
- Achieving multiple project objectives, given limited resources and tight deadlines, and the need to identify project interdependencies and balance competing demands and priorities.
- Understand and ensure complex and sensitive political environments are considered when undertaking projects.
- Clerk Grade 11/12
- Ongoing Full-Time
- Sydney CBD
Essential requirements - candidates must:
- Obtain and maintain the requisite security clearance for this role
- Project management knowledge and experience and/or relevant tertiary qualifications in Project Management.
- Hold a current driver’s licence with no traffic offences recorded on their driving history within the last six (6) months.
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must meet one of the following statuses:
- an Australian Citizen
- a permanent Australian resident or citizen of New Zealand
Applications from Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged.
This recruitment may be used to create a Talent Pool for similar future roles (ongoing or temporary) that may arise over the next 12 months.
For your application to be considered, you must:
- attach a cover letter;
- attach an up-to-date CV/Resume; and
- address each of the Target Questions in the text boxes provided in the online application or attach as a separate document. Please limit your response to no more than 1 page per question.
Please do not attach copies of Qualifications, Certificates or documentation (other than a Resume/CV) - you can bring these if called for interview.
Prior to commencement, the successful candidate(s) will be required to undergo a rigorous National Police Check (criminal history) and obtain and maintain a Security Clearance as determined by the NSW Police Force. For further information on the Security Clearance process click here
Applications can only be submitted electronically online via the I Work for NSW website.
For information on applying for roles with the NSW Police Force click here
To view or download the Role Description click here
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: SUNDAY 28 OCTOBER 2018 at 11.59pm