Senior IT Project Manager
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced Senior IT Project Manager to join the Information Technology function, taking full responsibility for the successful end to end management of key transformational IT projects. The Senior IT Project Manager will have the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, monitoring, controlling,
reporting and closure of Raytheon UK IT projects.
The IT function is responsible for the delivery of IT services to all UK based divisions to successfully enable our expanding business and assure operational delivery of critical functions and services that are reliant on all aspects of technology to drive revenue growth, improve business efficiency, reduce risk and maximise Raytheon customer engagement and
- Manages all aspects of multiple highly complex projects concurrently from initiation through closure.
- Develops and implements comprehensive project plans, encompassing project team structure and resource assignment, implementation, testing and training plans, creating of a control plan identifying both business process metrics and IT platform quality requirements and ensuring successful transition to support.
- Owns all project risk; including time, budget, and scope, and the associated plans to contain and/or mitigate risk.
- Ensures project quality, schedule and budget objectives are met and deployed solutions deliver targeted business value.
- Monitors and controls resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget and manages expectations of all project stakeholders.
- Takes full end to end responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of IT projects.
- Selects the appropriate methods, tools and artefacts within the Raytheon IT IPDS delivery methodology, ensuring that effective project control, change control, risk management and testing processes are maintained in line with agreed governance.
- Identifies project resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Liaises and communicates effectively with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Forecasts resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members, identifying and resolving issues and conflicts where they arise.
- Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using Microsoft Project, and tracks and reports project milestones and deliverables.
- Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risks, and develops and delivers associated contingency plans.
- Ensure all projects are delivered to governance, compliance, and security requirements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Report and escalate project risks to management and governance function as needed.
Demonstrable Skills and Levels - SFIA Foundation Definitions
- Autonomy - Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability.
- Exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy. Plans own work to meet given objectives and processes.
- Influence - Influences customers, suppliers and partners at account level. May have some responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources. Participates in external activities related to own specialism. Makes decisions which influence the success of projects and team objectives.
- Complexity - Work includes a broad range of complex technical or professional activities, in a variety of contexts. Investigates, defines and resolves complex issues.
- Business Skills - Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications. Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives. Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet time and quality targets. Rapidly absorbs new information and applies it effectively. Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and
- takes some responsibility for driving own development.
- Prior experience in Project Management within defence or highly regulated technical industry, ideally within global environments and/or global matrix organisations.
- Demonstrable senior project management skills including project initiation, scoping, resourcing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication.
- Capable of leading complex technology projects; e.g., multiple stakeholders, teams of greater than 5 people, of greater than 6 months duration, and greater than £0.5m in budget.
- Proven experience of full lifecycle management of IT Programmes and Projects from inception to delivery, especially solution identification, design, pricing, risk management and early project definition before transition into service operation.
- Experience of the critical project to service transition phase and associated early lifecycle support.
- Proven experience of Program and Project Management Best Practice.
- Ability to understand complex systems and business processes and define requirements for solutions.
- Experience of operating effectively under the governance of a PMO structure.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentation and influencing, at all levels within an organisation.
- Solid experience of delivering complex technical projects across the IT domain.
- High level of proficiency in MS Project, Team Foundation, or other robust
- scheduling/schedule presentation tools.
- Proficient in the use of all MS Office tools.
- 5 years+ experience in project management.
- PRINCE 2 and/or PMP certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
- SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
- Ideally experienced with process quality methodology and ITIL.
- Business experience of technology consulting, managed and professional services in commercial or public sector organisations.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. http://www.raytheon.com/Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join.Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites with free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel, Reservist Network etc and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.