Service Integration Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Are you a high energy, proactive individual? Have you operated at a senior level and have demonstrable experience of developing and leading Service Integration in large complex programmes requiring significant technology and business change?
Yes? Then you may be who we are looking for.
Never has there been a more exciting time to join the Office for National Statistics (ONS). Its “Better Statistics, Better Decisions” strategy is driving a transformational change throughout the organisation and the Office has already taken huge strides forward to becoming a modern, technically focused, data driven organisation. As part of that, ONS will deliver the first digital Census in 2021 and be a leading producer of online surveys across government and beyond.
About the Census and Data Collection Transformation Programme
Delivery of the Census and Data Collection Transformation is vital to the success of Better Statistics, Better Decisions and to realise £5bn of benefits through the impact on social policy and the economy that our improved statistics, data and analysis will make.
Together our mission is to deliver a successful 2021 Census, researching how to make it the last of its kind and transforming the work of ONS in how we collect, process and analyse data. Population and Public Policy (PPP) statistics are vital for shaping policy and decision-making. They underpin national and local decisions on migration, provision of education, housing and healthcare; fair distribution of funding to local areas; allow accurate national and local information on the diversity of the population and let public bodies know whether they are meeting their Equalities duties and take action where necessary. It ensures that our population estimates are as accurate as possible. Trust, Value and Quality will drive the successful transformation for Census, Data Collection, Public Policy Analysis and ONS.
Working directly to the Programme Director, the Service Integration Manager will be accountable for developing and leading the Service Integration (SI) Strategy for the Census and Data Collection Programme (CDCTP).
Working across the Transformation Programme this role has accountability for ensuring all services are integrated and delivered against requirements, forming an end-to-end solution of joined services. Building and maintaining relationships with delivery partners and external suppliers (circa 19) this role is accountable for the integration of all services to ensure success for the programme . Failure to achieve a robust service integration will directly impact our end user experience, consequently impacting response rates and/ or reputational damage for the office. The complexity of the role includes managing risks, identifying gaps and overlaps, coordinating design, ensuring resolution of conflicts across services and that effective SI Programme governance is in place.
A priority for this role is to establish, build and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders of all levels, both internally and externally. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate strong leadership, negotiating and consulting skills to ensure the alignment of all services across the programme. They will be expected to swiftly respond to changing priorities during significant delivery challenges, ensuring sound strategic decisions are made, which directly impact the integration of multiple services across the programme.
Reporting to the Programme Director as part of the Population and Public Policy Transformation Directorate, providing cross cutting performance management for the Design and Build, and Operate and Run phases of the CDCTP. On behalf of the business and liaising with the ONS commercial team this role has responsibility for managing the SI Delivery Partner, working with their team to prioritise and identifying solutions to effectively resource the programme with the appropriate Service Integration capabilities.
- Accountable for the continuing development and implementation of a service integration strategy detailing how the key programme milestones and complexities underpin the integration of services (internal & external)
- Provide visible and effective leadership, lead the service integration activity and work with the programme and project teams to deliver
- Develop a clear vision and standards and champion the use of best practice business change management standards, tools and processes. Build strong networks both internally and externally.
- Lead the creation and management of the business readiness criteria for integrated services across the projects. Establish and report against critical success factors and performance measures for integrated services and provide assurance to Deputy Director/Director level
- Matrix management approach to ensure the success of service integration. Management of the SI Delivery Partner (supported by Commercial & Contract management) and associated budget of contract, ensuring they deliver the full breadth of SI capabilities required to run a successful programme
- Identify, build and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and internal delivery partners. Lead stakeholder engagement to ensure it meets Service Integration requirements. Point of contact for senior / strategic stakeholders.
- Respond swiftly to changing priorities during significant delivery challenges and make sound high level strategic decisions relating to the integration of multiple complex services, at pace consulting with stakeholders, delivery partners where necessary
- Ensure effective management of Integration Risks and Issues at the, coordinating analysis on pan-service risks
- Develop a robust, collaborative working relationship with the Head of Testing manager to apply a valid configuration of integrated solutions and services into the relevant test environments.
Person Specification (skills, experience and qualifications required for the role)
- Proven experience of working in a service management environment, of developing, running and/or managing the services with multiple integration points
- Strong evidence of visible and effective leadership, building and maintaining stakeholder management relationships in a complex and fast paced change environment with multiple suppliers (internal and external)
- Extensive experience of Supplier Management
- Proven experience of integrating multiple project and programme outputs into ‘business as usual’ (BAU) ensuring that activities are planned and completed.
- Strong demonstration of influencing change and making effective strategic decisions that impact multiple services, at pace and in consultation with both internal and external stakeholders when required
- Evidence of self-management and ability to communicate appropriately with both technical and non-technical staff at all levels
- The ability to recognise, anticipate and effectively deal with existing or potential conflicts at an individual, team or strategic level.
- The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and adverse situations whilst remaining calm, reassuring others and maintaining performance.
- Project/ Programme Management qualification e.g. Managing Successful Programmes Practitioner, APMG Change Management Practitioner, APM Registered Project Professional
- ITIL service management qualification
- Knowledge of Service Integration and Management (SIAM) techniques and tools
Whilst this role is full time we would welcome applications from candidates looking for part time hours, with a minimum requirement of 32 hours per week. Please note that the salary advertised is the full time equivalent and will be pro-rated if part time hours are requested.