Technical Project Manager
The Close Brothers Business Change function is a network of Change Professionals across the bank supporting the delivery of the change portfolio. This role is to join Close Brothers as an active part of the Change team to ensure the bank is successful in delivering successful business outcomes.
The Project Manager plans, executes, and delivers all projects on time, in budget, and within scope in accordance with business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the manager tracks project status and manages project teams to mitigate issues and risks.
The Project Manager, Technical Specialist is expected to have a deep understanding of technology - a similar level of knowledge as would be expected of someone in a purely technical design or delivery role.
- Delivery of various complex IT projects across different technologies and acting as the technology focal point for a wider transformational programme.
- Ability to fully understand the technical details of a project and guide the technical delivery teams in their understanding also.
- Defines and creates project plans for project, portfolio, and product prioritisation and implementation
- Evaluates trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value
- Partners with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
- Builds, leads, and coaches multiple project teams throughout project lifecycles
- Facilitates all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects
- Assesses and resolves all high priority project risks as they are encountered
- Ensures all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company
- Continually updates relevant business stakeholder of project status
- Ensures all projects meet success parameters and ROI targets stated in business case
- Actively manages 3rd party relationships
- Runs and manages successful RFP processes within the project lifecycle
- Engages with 3rd parties and is closely involved with the procurement of services, hardware and software throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensures project audit records are up to date and accessible
- Keeps project financial records up to date, ensuring appropriate levels of contingency are being held for the unknowns
- Assists with running quality assurance reviews
- Supports the recruitment and on boarding of project staff
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience delivering IT infrastructure projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment, specifically that required to support multiple business projects.
- Excellent project management, organisation, and team collaboration skills
- Advanced project management experience across multiple infrastructure technologies
- Commercial experience in an IT environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable dealing with multiple technical and non-technical, internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
- Strong team leadership skills
- Understanding of software development lifecycles (ie Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Iterative)
- A broad range of deep technical knowledge across Wintel, Linux, Networks & Telephony, Database technologies (SQL & Oracle) and Cloud Technologies (PaaS, SaaS, IaaS).
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, and presentation skill including the ability to translate technical issues and updates to non-technical audiences
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
Education & Qualifications
- Proven of experience managing various kinds of technical projects and a history of technical understanding, likely coming from a technical background.
- Experience working on project and portfolio management Tools (Visio, MS Project, Clarity, etc.)
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field or equivalent
- PMI certification or equivalent preferred