Building Access Project Manager
Wellcome Trust are seeking a Building Access Project Manager to support the Facilities & Workplace Services team to develop and deliver a more accessible and inclusive building and workplace.
If you have great people management skills to build effective working relationships and would like a challenge to develop a programme of works for access, diversity and inclusion projects throughout Wellcome Collection, then this would be the right role for you.
We've embarked on an exciting Access, Diversity and Inclusion strategic initiative.
More details can be downloaded from our Website [PDF]
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Develop excellent relationships with staff in key departments and teams ie F&W team, Public Programmes, Collections & Research, Digital Engagement, Wellcome Collection Operations, Wellcome Collection's Hub and Diversity & Inclusion team.
- Champion accessibility to our building (physical access) and encourage inclusion, embedding the learning across Wellcome and particularly in the F&W team to enable application to the Wellcome Estate more widely
- Bring together project concepts with budget plans and business cases to be integrated with the F&W programme of works.
- Working with the Access Lead, Visitor Experience Manager (Access) and Design Team, ensure visitors and service users' needs are included in the design process - from implementation through to delivery - by engaging people in a respectful and equitable way to improve the accessibility of our building.
Please see full job description
Experience & Skills
To succeed in this role, you'll need to have:
- Excellent people management skills, including a being able to use coaching management style, and ability to use different motivating techniques
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including building close peer, internal, and external working relationships, and maintaining diverse networks of professional contacts
- Proven ability to work well autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team
- Extensive experience in project management, proven ability to scope, plan and deliver projects on time and to budget
- Experience in developing and implementing new ideas/introducing new concepts that enhance and improve operations.
- Experienced in change management.
- Ability to operate in complex contexts and new areas of activity.
- Sound budget/financial management skills.
- Sound knowledge of venue Health & Safety.
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of diverse audiences.
Education & Qualifications
- Project Management (or equivalent qualification) or equivalent relevant experience.