Senior Project Manager
Leading academic and educational publishing company requires a Project Manager to provide project management for the UK and Global based projects within an inhouse IT department. This position is responsible for leading IT projects as defined within the internal department roadmaps.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assume ownership of the project, the business processes and related systems being affected.
- Assumes responsibility for achieving the project objectives
- Assumes responsibility for delivering the entire scope of the project within time and budgetary constraints
- Lead scoping sessions with the Project Team to generate Work Breakdown Structures
- Translate senior management vision and Project Brief into appropriate formal project documents
- Ensures project deliverables are clearly defined, meaningful and understood by relevant team members
- Ensure all project tasks are planned at appropriate detail and reflect accurate tasks estimates
- Monitors project progress and accuracy during the project life-cycle.
- Ensures regular communication sessions with the other Senior Project Managers, Programme Directors and Executive Sponsor(s).
- Responsible for ensuring that any External Project Managers deliver the project goals to the agreed budget and timetable.
- Chair core Project Team meetings.
- Identifies scope changes and follows the appropriate change control procedure
- Implements project methodology and documentation standards.
- Identify, monitor and manage project level issues and risks.
- Responsible for raising issues and risks to Programme Manager, Programme Director or Executive Sponsor as appropriate.
- Adopt and ensure continuous improvement techniques are applied to all aspects of the project
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Over 7 years experience in Project Management
- Ability to lead planning workshops
- Validated team management experience
- Line management experience beneficial but not required
- Experience in delivering accountancy projects or accountancy software
- Knowledge of accountancy basics
- Experience with project management in a similar sized international company
- Experience with managing projects with budgets in excess of $500k
- Experience with managing senior project stakeholders and partners
- Proficiency with Outlook
- High level of competence with MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- PRINCE2/PMI qualified (or similar)
- Knowledge of Programme Management concepts
LANGUAGE, ANALYTICAL SKILLS AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to prepare and maintain clear and accurate documentation to assist a project
- High attention to detail
- Highly organized, detail orientated
- A rounded individual with an inquisitive, but pragmatic approach
- Open and transparent reciprocal communication style
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Much of the information available to all members of the IT department is absolutely confidential and that confidentiality must be maintained rigorously.