Commercial Project Co-ordinator
We are looking for a Commercial Project Co-ordinator to join our London Design Management group. You should be able to demonstrate relevant experience in commercial management, reasonable understanding of construction methodology and have excellent communication skills. The role will involve you working alongside our project coordinators and multi-disciplinary teams to assist in the delivery of high profile projects. Taking a pivotal role in the project delivery from day one, you will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on performance of the project in the London studio.
Tasks will include:
- Assisting in the creation, co-ordination / assembly of commercial documentation for opportunities on new and existing projects including fees, resources, workload, costings for activity matrices, baselines, teams etc.
- Analysis of project performance and reporting progress
- Preparation of project performance monitoring data / documentation
- Assist with project workload and forecasting
- Assist with preparation of programmes of work, scopes of works and deliverable schedules (will require liaising with project team and profession directors)
- Preparation of costings and proposals for project changes
- Preparing and the collation of time record and cost information for performance monitoring / billing purposes
- Preparing fee draw arrangements and calculations of sums due for invoicing
- Assisting with other project or business functions as necessary
As a major practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists, BDP offers a unique opportunity to work on large, high profile projects within interdisciplinary design teams.
You will need good IT skills, drive and enthusiasm, an ability to communicate effectively and some knowledge of the construction industry. Previous experience of working in a design led environment and knowledge of appointment documents will be an advantage, in particular NEC and or CIC contract knowledge would also be an advantage.
You will demonstrate a collaborative team-working style and enjoy working to tight deadlines. You will be able to work effectively and collaborate with people at all levels and from all backgrounds and have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Extensive knowledge of MS Excel and one the following programming software is required: MS Project, CS Project, Primavera, Asta Power project or other. Prior experience and knowledge of Deltek software will be beneficial.
Please note that the successful candidate would require to undergo a security check and so you will need to have at least 3 years UK residency in order to work on the project.
BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists working together to create outstanding 'places for people'.
We work closely with users, clients and the community to create special places for living, working, shopping, culture and learning across Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the MENA region, India, and China. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors including health, education, workplace, retail, urbanism, heritage, housing, transport, leisure, public safety and energy utilities, having won over 900 awards for design quality from international and national bodies.
In return, BDP offers a great opportunity for your personal development with exposure to the full range of BDP’s skills and expertise, as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions, a great working environment and excellent prospects for career advancement.
Please visit our recruitment portal www.bdp.com/careers and apply directly to the vacancy. You will need to ensure that you complete the online the application form. Please ensure that you attach a cover note and your CV to the application. Please include an indication of your salary expectations.
BDP is an equal opportunity employer.
No agencies or 3rd party applications please.