IT Project Manager
The JLA story began in 1973 when we started out as a family run commercial laundry business; we’ve experienced rapid growth since and we’re now market leaders, with over 900 employees and still growing. This ambition for growth has seen us recently set up new divisions in Heating, and most recently Fire & Security. This is after the recent success of setting up our Catering division and continued growth in Laundry. JLA is a thriving place to work; it’s dynamic, fast paced and full of variety.
We have Private Equity backing and are in the enviable position of being able to build on our past success, and plan an even bigger future. With constant innovation in our products as well as constant investment in our workplace and employees, JLA is an exciting place to be.
A key member of the JLA IM&T management team, this position is responsible for leading and delivering cross-functional information technology projects. The role will be responsible for coordinating the work of IT professionals and functional staff to align IT services and solutions to the desired business requirement. The post holder will have ultimate responsibility to ensure all projects deliver the desired organisational benefits on-time and within the agreed budget;
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Manage the relationship with all 3rd party providers
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Where appropriate adopt Prince2 as an effective project management framework. Establish and implement robust PMO practices.
- To actively support and enhance information governance polices and support all accreditation activities as appropriate. (PCI, ITIL; ISO27001)
- Degree or higher in an IT related field
- Project management
- Technically competent with Microsoft Office (Word Excel & PowerPoint)
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of structured project management (Prince 2) methodologies.
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
- Strong team leadership skills
- Key ability to develop multi-level relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Six Sigma or similar quality process methodology qualified
- ITIL Foundation
- Working knowledge of IT architecture and IT governance
- Business applications; IFS v9, Pivotal, Qlik, DocuSign, Huddle, Service Director, SMART
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000.00 to £60,000.00 /year
- IT Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)