This is a 12 month fixed term contract opportunity covering maternity leave and we are looking for someone to join the business by the end of November. As a member of the Hiscox Re & ILS Operations team, this role reports to the Chief Operating Officer. You will be responsible for a team of 3 well established operations individuals in London as well as managing the relationship and team work between the London and Bermuda operations teams. The large majority of project work will be split between the operations team members and you will be responsible for supporting the team to ensure projects are fit for purpose and completed on time. You will be responsible for ensuring that Hiscox Re Operations meets regulatory standards and continuously look for ways to improve the accuracy and timeliness of what we do. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the overall success of the Operations team in achieving its objectives.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Management of London operations team, carrying out regular 1:1 meetings to support development, reviewing objectives, collating and providing feedback.
- Mixture of hands on management and team oversight of projects such as GDPR, Brexit, system and process improvements, data accuracy, credit control, e-trading initiatives, third party capital reporting and client management
- Management of internal and external queries
- Adherence to the various agreed operational SLAs looking for possible ways to improve
- KPI reporting, suggesting and implementing improvements whilst adhering to regulatory minimum standards.
- Continuously build on good working relationships between the London, Bermuda and Paris operations teams
- Ensure manuals and operations guidance is relevant and up to date
- Ensure controls in place to flag breaches in underwriting authority and other underwriter SLAs are effective.
What we’re looking for
- Experience of managing and developing others
- Strong technical operational experience gained within the (re)insurance industry
- Results focused and proactive, showing constant dedication and energy
- Excellent communication skills to establish & maintain good relationships with various stakeholders at different levels
- Previous experience with process management and improvement
- Excellent IT skills, must have advanced knowledge of excel and aptitude for getting to grips with technology systems
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload in order to meet tightdeadlines, with previous experience of multi-tasking to achieve multiple deliverables.
- Not afraid to have a view, voice opinions and challenge the thinking of others
Hiscox Re & ILS is located in Bermuda, London and Paris and underwrites reinsurance risks from around the world on behalf of our own and other people’s capital. The team of over 100 smart, enthusiastic individuals are committed to providing top quality service to brokers and clients across a broad range of reinsurance products. Our approach is simple; match the best underwriting risk against globally diversified capital. Our proactive, product-led underwriting approach is complemented by a commitment to world class service and purpose built analytics and systems. We know our people are our biggest asset so finding and retaining the best talent is critical to achieving our vision.