Kier Workplace Services provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients' workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables our clients to focus on their core business, while Kier takes care of the rest.
Our key clients include the Royal Opera House, Ministry of Justice, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Home Office and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with NHS Trust, academies and various public-sector clients.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager capable of manging their own portfolio of small to medium sized projects. This role will repot into our Project Lead for the framework contract and most of works are to be undertaken in occupied operational buildings.
Responsibilities will include scoping small projects with a value up to approximately £50,000 and managing designers to scope works of higher value.
The framework contract covers an estate portfolio located across the whole of Southern England, therefore, whilst the post will not serve the whole region, travel across an area of several counties will be required.
- Develop and maintain an overall project plan that integrates the contribution of sub projects, with clearly defined deliverables, which align with the needs of the project sponsor or customer.
- Responsible for programme, budgets, procurement management and defining quality parameters.
- Obtain the necessary resources required for the project plan to ensure that the resources are deployed and managed effectively.
- Ensure a robust project office support, benefits monitoring systems and appropriate financial control systems are in place to enable the upward reporting of information and to highlight problems in the deployment.
- Establish and maintain effective customer relationships providing formal reports and feedback as requires so that the conduct and completion of the project can take place in a smooth and effective manner.
- Identify project shortfalls and negotiate with customers where necessary regarding changes, variations and extensions to the project brief.
- Manage key relationships with both stakeholders and suppliers to ensure all deliverables are achieved on time.
- Compliance with all H&S policies and mandatory requirements when delivering works on site
- Effective management of external technical resources in delivering small value D&B schemes
- Identify and develop new organic opportunities and/or secure additional income to maximise income, margin, profit and opportunities from within existing contracts.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience within a similar role managing multiple projects at one time up to approx. value £150k.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills plus an ability to manage stakeholders and project-based staff.
- Fully qualified to manage small works on site, holding a CSCS card and SMSTS qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent client facing skills are critical
- Energetic, punctual, proactive and reliable with the ability to lead, guide, and motivate others towards achievement.
- The ability to set standards others follow and develop strategies/policies to address specific problems, challenges and issues including developing and determining longer term approaches to business issues.
- Excellent communicator, with high level of computer literacy.
- Qualifications that demonstrate an understanding of concepts, theories and principles underpinning a subject area.
Please note the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let's shape your world together.