This local council has recently been successful in receiving funding from the NSW Department of Planning and Environment through their accelerated LEP funding program to develop the Local Environmental Plan.
As part of this they are required to meet the following milestones (subject to change):
- Public exhibition of Local Strategic Planning Statements – July 2019
- Adopted Local Strategic Planning Statement - December 2019
- Submit draft Local Environmental Plan for Gateway determination - December 2019
- Public exhibition of draft Local Environmental Plan - May 2020
- Submit final Local Environmental Plan for Gateway Determination - June 2020
The position will be required to meet the NSW Department of Planning and Environment’s financial and progress reporting requirements for the LEP Accelerated funding program. The role is also responsible for researching, developing and implementing the overall strategies and principles that will support the Local Environmental Plan. A focus of the role will be to engage and manage consultants in order to successfully meet project deadlines.
The role requires a professional with excellent project management skills, strong communications and stakeholder management skills as well as experience in managing teams and projects to deliver outcomes. We are looking for professionals who are strategic, innovative and good collaborators.
The successful candidate will need/be:
- Tertiary qualification and extensive experience as a Project Manager
- Extensive experience implementing a recognised Project Management methodology
- Motivated and collaborative
- Excellent communication skills
- 12-18 month contract with the choice of full time or working 3-4 days per week.
- Competitive daily rate.
- A healthy, supportive work place culture with strong management.
- Accessible location - 5 minute walk from the train station.