Contract Administrator (NEC3)
BDP require Contract Administrator / Reporting Co-ordinator to play a key role within its Multi-disciplinary design team for the Restoration and Refurbishment of the Palace of Westminster. This commission is being delivered under an NEC3 PSC. This role is in our Design Management team of 10 specialists within the wider BDP team of over 100 designers at BDP Clerkenwell Studio. Frequent visits to the Employer offices in Millbank are required and downstream the team may relocate to Millbank in 9-12 months tba.
About the role:
The role comprises contract administration duties and co-ordination of the BDP reporting to the Employer including:
- Normal NEC3 PSC contract admin of Head Contract with Employer
- Normal NEC3 admin of sub-consultants Head Contract with Employer
- Co-coordinating the project reporting calendar and contributions for monthly principals, commercial and workstream reports
- Liaising with team and planners to co-ordinate the bi-weekly programme reporting
- Assign action associated with incoming Contractual correspondence to BDP directors and task leads
- Attendance of Reporting and Contract Administration meetings with Client and Sub consultants
- Assisting with assembly of sub consultancies of task-orders
- Liaise with BDP directors and task leads to Monitor the completion of BDP contractual deliverables to time
- Monitor progress of the works with the team and manage the contractual close-out of task orders
- Contribute to risk registers
- Support the process of negotiating and agreeing changes (EWNs, CEs etc)
- Assisting with assembly of sub consultancies
- Operation of the conject portal
- At times of priority, assist the wider design management and commercial team as required with applications, proposals and submissions
- Co-ordinate and contribute to responses to Employers queries on reporting, commercial matters
- General support to the BDP core team
Skills / Experience
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of NEC3 PSC
- MS Office, esp Word, Excel and Project, Conject, Primavera P6 (although not essential)
- Data environments/Portals Conject, ACONEX, Newforma, Sharepoint
- Design team experience preferable
- High standards of numerical / analytical skills
- Concise, clear and accurate written and verbal communications
- Collaborative team contributor
- This role is open to applicants from a wide range of professional backgrounds
- Wider experience of the commercial and management of design commissions would be advantageous but not essential
BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists working together to create outstanding 'places for people'.
We work closely with users, clients and the community to create special places for living, working, shopping, culture and learning across Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the MENA region, India, and China. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors including health, education, workplace, retail, urbanism, heritage, housing, transport, leisure, public safety and energy utilities, having won over 1000 awards for design quality from international and national bodies.
In return, BDP offers an excellent opportunity for your personal development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, profit share scheme, flexible pension allowance, travel allowance, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions and a great working environment.
Please visit www.bdp.com/careers and apply to the vacancy through our recruitment portal. You will need to complete the online registration form, please ensure that you include a copy of you CV and cover letter. Please include an indication of your salary expectations.
Direct link to the vacancy: https://careers.bdp.com/contract-administrator-nec3/387/viewdetails
BDP is an equal opportunity employer.
No Agencies or third party applications please.