Scheme Project Manager
- Full Time
Network Rail is at the operational center of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around 23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signaling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day
To manage projects through various stages of the life cycle and to support and assist delivering the overall project portfolio managed by the team.
- Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Network Rail company standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate
- Provide a professional, consistent and effective project management service including the use of performance indicators and project reporting systems in accordance with Railway Group and Network Rail's company standards and guidelines
- Manage the development and delivery of change projects in compliance with company processes and procedures
- Manage tactical change and risks within the project life cycle for allocated schemes.
- Assist or lead in the provision of a safe working environment in the execution of managed work
- Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
- Manage the production of project management plans
- Manage project budgets within agreed targets
- Deliver regular progress reports on change projects, including relevant risks and issues, to the Programme Manager (Change)
- Promote and monitor the use of efficiency improvement methods
- Disseminate lessons learnt
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Successful relevant experience including project management
- Educated to HNC/HND or similar standard
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Project safety management experience
- Knowledge of Oracle Projects
- Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures
- Knowledge of commercial and financial procedures
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management or other professional body
- A degree or equivalent
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Role: Scheme Project Manager
Location: Derby, Derbyshire, England
Apply for this job now.