Senior Project Manager
Surrey Council are currently working alongside Spencer Clarke Group to recruit an Senior Project Manager
The role is available on a Full - Time on an initial 6-month contract.
Excellent pay rates on offer £475+ per day and we are hoping for someone to start ASAP
We require a Senior Project Manager to lead on a transformation project for the Surrey Fire & Rescue Service. This project will encompass the following elements:
- Delivery of cost efficiencies
- Culture change
- Move towards community protection approach
- Improving people management practices
- Ability to deal with high levels of uncertainty in the programme
- High management complexity and time managing stakeholders
- Programme will be a visible and high profile piece with resistance potentially from both external and internal – so resilience needed, and ability to take people with them on the journey
- Bring drive, leadership and ability to coach others and build capability
- Maintain clarity on the benefits that need achieving, business impacts that will lead to them, the measurements that will track performance against them, and the work that needs to take place to deliver them
- Need to be proactive i.e. looks ahead for potential problems and takes action to prevent or mitigate them in advance
So while PM experience of the Fire Service would be welcome, it is not necessary and we accept that may be in short supply. Therefore an experienced Programme Manager who can demonstrate the skills above would be what we're looking for.