Senior Project Manager Rolling Stock Depots
3 days left
- Full Time
As a Senior Project Manager Rolling Stock Depots at HS2 Ltd you will be responsible for leading the Rolling Stock Depot strategy and requirements for HS2 including the Phase 1 Washwood Heath Rolling Stock Maintenance Depot (RSMD) project and the development of Depots for Phase 2 and facilities on the Conventional Rail Network (CRN).
The Infrastructure Directorate is responsible for developing the Project Requirements Specifications against which the delivery phases will be asked to deliver the overall programme. In addition, the Directorate manages the delivery of the Rolling Stock.
This role fits within the Rolling Stock programme within the Directorate, acting as the client for Depot delivery and as a focal point for all Operational and Rolling Stock maintenance requirements which the Depots will be required to deliver.
About the role:
- Develop and refine the Rolling Stock maintenance depot strategy for HS2, including the role of the HS2 on-network depots and those associated with the Conventional Rail Network;
- Project manage the development of the requirements for Washwood Heath RSMD and the Phase 2 Rolling Stock Depots;
- Be accountable for the development and delivery of Rolling Stock depot projects on the CRN required to support delivery of the HS” services;
- Be responsible for management of all approvals necessary to facilitate the progress of the Depot strategy and development of requirements, including writing papers as required and progress through required governance;
- Act as the key interface between the Train Manufacturer for the Washwood Heath RSMD Project, holding delegated authority within the limits as set by HS2 policy;
- Recruit and develop the project team to manage the CRN Depot project(s) to ensure delivery to time, cost and quality as required;
- Lead the integrated team, including matrixed in team members from the Technical and Commercial directorates in addition to any supporting agency staff or consultants utilised in support;
- Work with the Director of Railway Operations and his team to ensure that the Washwood Heath RSMD design meets the requirements of the Operational Concept in form and function.
- Knowledge of Railway Operations and Depots;
- Understanding of Rail Vehicle Maintenance practices and principles;
- Understanding of procurement, contract management, project and risk management principles;
- University degree or equivalent experience of engineering principles;
- Experience in developing and supporting people and teams, via direct or indirect reports, through a matrix type organisation;
- Experience in providing client design and delivering leadership to multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience of key stakeholder management in a programme context;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and writing, including being able to explain complex technical requirements in easy to understand language;
- Ability to plan, implement and manage large, complex projects.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.