Project Manager - Derby
The Project Manager will work on a 12 month contract in Derby to work within a Aerospace Operations Programmes team.
The Project Manager will be directly responsible for the successful transfer of gas turbine components across suppliers and plants, in support of achieving the Supply Chain Units Development Strategy, whilst protecting the quality of parts, budget of the transfer and on time delivery of components to customers throughout the transfer phase.
In addition, the Project Manager will be accountable for implementing rapid process improvements to increase Parts Transfer team effectiveness, including the greater use of digital media to support a reduction in the current lead time and costs of the projects.
- Experience in managing projects and leading multi-function teams
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work with all levels within an organisation
- Self-motivated, self-starting and driven to get results
- Company-wide outlook and exposure to different challenges, cultures and ways of working.
- A proven track of record meeting customer commitments and delivering results
- Demonstrated appropriate behaviours that inspire team working and a culture of continuous improvement
- The ability to work creatively to identify opportunities to improve processes and to deploy digital technologies with teams
- Ideally 3 to 5 years working in a project or industry environment
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: Purchasing, Engineering, Operations or Logistics.
- Experience of working within a supply chain unit or equivalent in another organisation.
- Ideally APM membership
**This role is available on a 12 month contract with a very competitive hourly rate available**
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our sourcing specialists now.