Temporary Project Manager
In this challenging role your responsibilities will include:
- Consult, liaise, influence and negotiate with project managers and stakeholders of the project to deliver project scope and provide expert advice, guidance and support to the project team.
- Use program and project management methodology to support the Executive Director (NGR Operations) in effectively managing the Next Generation Rollingstock project by:
o Establishing and supporting appropriate governance arrangements.
o Establishing schedules for internal and external project activities, to facilitate successful project delivery.
o Leading, managing and controlling project activities in accordance with agreed plans to deliver the project on time and to budget.
o Identifying, evaluating and managing strategic and operational risk using appropriate mitigation strategies to ensure project success.
o Managing supplier arrangements (contractor and consultants) and outputs, to ensure delivery to agreed specifications and standards.
o Contributing to and promoting a positive and professional project working culture.
- Perform high level research and analysis necessary to identify key strategic objectives of the project.
- Provide strategic advice and support to the project team and other stakeholders on a range of communication and project management requirements.
- Contribute to a continuous improvement learning environment to achieve best practice project delivery within TMR.
- Develop key project documentation in support of delivery high quality outputs through of the project delivery lifecycle.
This role reports to the Manager (PMO).
- A competitive remuneration package, including generous superannuation and leave provisions
- Employer superannuation contributions up to 12.75%
- Annual leave loading of 17.5%
- Salary packaging arrangements
- Flexible working conditions, ongoing training and career development
- Exciting and innovative projects
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role, submit your CV or resume (maximum 5 pages), cover letter (maximum 2 pages) addressing the capabilities listed under "is this role for you" on the role description, online through SmartJobs www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.