BI Project Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
To deliver the MI Service and Business Intelligence Roadmap my client requires knowledge of both Business Intelligence and Programme Management to manage the continued development of the BI offering and BI maturity/capabilities across the department as well as driving a programme of work to enhance data management and availability in the department .
The position reports directly to the Head of the Business Intelligence due to the BI strategy development and deployment aspects of the role. A matrix management structure with the Head of Project Delivery will be agreed with the Head of BI. The role would suit an experienced Project Manager or BI Business Analyst with a track record of delivering data-related and BI projects.
The role holder will be responsible for:
• Work closely with the Transformation, Change and Innovation team to ensure that BI projects are co-ordinated with the departments Change Portfolio projects/programmes.
• Undertake project management activities, such as stakeholder analysis and mapping, create individual project plans, drive the resolution of issues and risks projects.
• Manage project wide risks/issues (and ensure mitigations are in place and resolved), dependencies, decisions, high-level plan and budget, including forecasting. Coordinate the programme plan, activities, products, resources, milestones, critical paths
• Following the standards and appropriate methodologies for the management of programmes, based on Government standards and best practice
• External engagement and building specialist networks, including establishing collaborative relationships with DIT, Government Digital Services and other government departments and suppliers providing services to the team.
• Apply a structured delivery methodology and lead change management activities to ensure the adoption of the programme deliverables; assess the impact of the delivering the programme; evaluate and ensure user readiness; define a success matrix to monitor change progress and support training effort; and identify and manage anticipated resistance.
• Preparing affected business areas for transition to new ways of working, optimising the timing of the release of project deliverables into business operations and coordinate the deployment across the entire change portfolio.
• Working with the Head of the BI on development of the BI Roadmap to address core deliverables of the BI Strategy and department Business Plan 2017-20.
• Working closely with the department and key stakeholders (internal and external) on developing analytical capabilities in accordance to the key deliverable of the Roadmap, working closely with peers and Senior management on the implementation of BI solutions.
• Provision of support to the Head of the Business Intelligence on the development of the BI capabilities, leading the activities associated with benefits realisation and ensuring that continued accrual of benefits can be achieved and measured after the programme has been completed.
• Responsible for data profiling, data governance, data specification, data flow mappings, and business logic documentation associated with new or modified product data capture requirements.
• Coordinate new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing reporting strategies for transactional and warehouse structures and support business requests for reports, data, and data usage and research data sources for new and better data feeds.