Programme Support Specialist
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Support Officer to join our central Project and Programme Management centre based in Nottingham (Riverleen House).
Experian's Project and Programme Management Centre (PPMC) helps internal teams and clients successfully manage and deliver change. The scope is quite broad, covering project support, project management, programme management and client delivery.
Typically, the team are responsible for managing everything from smaller projects up to multi-million-pound programmes. This includes delivering projects as per the agreed timeline, budget and scope; defining, sourcing and managing necessary resources; developing plans and budgets; and reporting variances to senior leadership.
What is the Programme Support Officer responsible for?
You will be responsible for providing direct support to the Programme Manager/Director(s) on one or more large and complex programmes, ensuring the smooth running of the programme. You will manage and maintain controls on the programme(s) to help drive a successful delivery, and will ensure up to date information is maintained at all times and to troubleshoot where necessary.
You can expect to be responsible for:
- Ensure the programme office is meeting required Experian Standards by proactively putting controls in place and maintaining them
- Line manage 1 to 2 direct reports, acting as a role model and displaying a positive, enthusiastic, can-do approach
- Acts as an expert in the Standards, providing advice and guidance to the programme team
- Work with the programme team to identify and manage risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies and lessons learned
- Assist with creation and maintenance of an overarching programme plan
- Ensure correct configuration management is applied to programme documentation
- Work with the Programme Manager/Director and PMO to tailor governance appropriately during programme set up
- Work with the Programme Manager/Director to produce a programme PID
- Set up and run appropriate checkpoints and end stages
- Assist with risk and issue escalation as required
- Lead and facilitate programme level workshops
- Ability to deputise in meetings for the Programme Manager/Director
- Flag potential gaps in governance at project level to the Programme Manager/Director
- Work with the Programme Manager/Director to complete reports for stakeholders
- Act as administrator for the programme Sharepoint site
- Develop a change control process for the programme and log/track change at programme level, assisting with impact assessments where appropriate
- Facilitate accurate financial tracking across the programme
- Be a trusted point of contact for the programme for stakeholders across the business
What are we looking for?
We're looking for someone with proven experience in project delivery, programme level supprt, and/or PMO. Our ideal candidate is someone who is enthusiastic, passionate and will be able to develop relationships with stakeholders across our business.
We're looking for:
- Experience supporting larger/complex projects/programmes
- Excellent knowledge and experience of implementation of project/programme controls
- Evidence of developing and managing good working relationships at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills - ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills
- Able to evidence strong analytical skillsl
- People management/leadership skill