Willmott Dixon Construction is looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager for a circa £12mn school extension and refurbishment in South East London which is due for completion in December 2019. You will be an experienced Project Manager capable of running and delivering projects of £10mn plus. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for (14th place) which is continuing to grow.
Here at Willmott Dixon we are passionate about people and have a real focus and drive around continuous development so believe we offer a career of a lifetime and regularly celebrate our people's long service with awards. If you are looking for a new opportunity with an organisation that encourages people with a growth mindset to challenge the status quo and effect change then this could be the right role for you.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Develop and monitor project strategies in order to achieve the company’s sustainability objectives.
- Develop and monitor strategies to deliver a quality build in accordance with the requirements of the project.
- Manage the client expectations and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
- Implement the supply chain policy. Adopt the principles of the Considerate Constructor’s Scheme and manage community relations.
- Develop and implement project strategy and delivery programme. Ensure effective
- Communication and implementation to deliver the project on time. Ensure regular monitoring and reporting on progress and instigate corrective actions as required.
- Manage the operational aspects of the project to achieve the budget.
- Review performance against targets and identify and manage potential risks and opportunities.
- Lead and motivate the project team and the supply chain to deliver the project.
- Maintain continuous professional development of yourself and your team to ensure appropriate technical awareness.
- Ensure consistent implementation of standard procedures.
- Manage project handover and ensure defect /snag free completion.
- Ensure robust strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good Defects within targets set.
- Implement best practice and drive continuous improvement
A circa £12m school extension and refurbishment in South East London due for completion in December 2019.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Proven track record of successful delivery of projects.
- Experience using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- The ability to control costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Efficient use of all staff and resources.
- Accurate interpretation of contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
- The ability to manage teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc).
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS certificate.
- First Aid at Work certificate.
- Valid driving licence.
- Relevant degree.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.