Senior Project Manager x 2
The Energy Systems Catapult supports innovators in unleashing opportunities from the transition to a clean, intelligent energy system.
Part of a network of world-leading centres set up by the government to transform the UK’s capability for innovation in specific sectors and help drive future economic growth. By taking an independent, whole energy systems view, we work with stakeholders across the energy sector (consumers, industry, academia and government) to identify innovation priorities, gaps in the market and overcome barriers to accelerating the decarbonisation of the energy system at least cost. In doing so, we seek to open up routes to market for innovators, as well as supporting them to understand how their products, services and value propositions fit into the transforming energy system.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for specific projects within the Energy Systems Catapult (ESC). The project portfolio is diverse and includes technology, commercial market and business value proposition development activities in the context of multi energy vector solutions.
Key Work Activities
- Hold full accountability for project scope, quality, time and cost.
- Be responsible for all stages of project development from development of project mandates, business case, initiation, planning, delivery and exploitation.
- Be responsible for project compliance with issues such as Health and Safety, Data Protection, IP, etc.
- Reporting on project progress, issues, risks and strategic insights.
- Develop project opportunities, working with colleagues to define scope and requirements, build consortia, develop bids and initiate resulting projects
- Build stakeholder relations within the energy sector as appropriate to support all phases of project development and delivery.
- Prepare (with wider team input as appropriate) all management documents associated with project scoping, planning, bid writing, project approval, deliverable preparation, stage gate review, etc.
What credentials are we ideally looking for?
- Proven track record of successfully delivering complex, high value projects.
- Professional Project Management Qualification (AMP or PMP)
- STEM related degree
- Experience leading collaborative co-development projects comprised of internal staff, consultants, external contractors, public and private sector partners and clients.
- Deep understanding of key management topics, including stakeholder management & contractor management.
- Be comfortable in managing the uncertainty inherent in advanced innovation projects.
- Proven experience in managing complex projects in an innovation environment with both technical and commercial content; experience within the energy sector could be advantageous but is not a prerequisite.
- Experience of working with public sector partners (particularly Local Government), and an appreciation of how these organisations work, their motivation and constraints.
- Proven ability to manage relationships between organisations with different priorities and find ways forward that all parties are content with.
- Be comfortable with the hands-on work and flexibility required in a small team.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a rapidly growing, fast-paced organisational environment.
- Excellent IT skills, to include MS Word, MS Project, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- Willing and able to travel around the UK (and potentially overseas in due course) as required.
Would you like to Apply?
The closing date for applications is Sunday 6th January 2019
Please note that at this time we are unable to provide UK visa sponsorship.
The Energy Systems Catapult undertakes innovative and exciting work that will help shape the future of energy, with this in mind we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible, as we do reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
(Strictly No Agencies).
"We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion and belief, sexual orientation, or status regarding gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity."