About the role
Responsible for the full delivery of one or more of projects, you’ll lead a team to plan, direct and co-ordinate activities, ensuring the project is delivered on time and to budget. You’ll proactively monitor and report on project progress, resolving any potential issues quickly and effectively. Some posts require knowledge and experience of digital projects and experience of working in an agile environment. Some roles require working with the Business Change managers to ensure that business areas are ready for the change, including the training of staff. As well as championing the project, you’ll communicate change across the organisation, working closely with a range of stakeholders from senior managers to government departments. The role will require building effective relationships with a number of other project managers to ensure that the deliveries from other projects will not jeopardise the viability of your project.
You will be a high energy, proactive individual with the skills and experience to deliver a multi-million pound project with a large number of internal and external stakeholders. You will have operated at a senior level in project delivery environment and understand the ingredients for successful project delivery.
With a strong PMO /PPM leadership and delivery background at a senior level, you will have extensive experience of planning, dependency management, dynamic and insightful reporting, stakeholder management and delivery. You will have developed and implemented standards, tools, processes and systems for successful project delivery with the ability to apply these using Agile working.
Typical role responsibilities:
- Delivery – Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Project Management – Day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team. Provide effective leadership and management controls. Set project controls. Design the project structure and organisation appropriate to stage. Set appropriate delivery methodologies. Manage effective transition between project phases.
- Business Case – Develop and draft the Business Case, with input from specialists as necessary
- Project Performance & Controls – Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Develop and maintain Project Plan. Identify and set appropriate Project Controls. Manage performance and report progress to sponsors.
- Stakeholder Management – Identify and manage stakeholder relationships and need for senior level support. Manage internal and external relationships as appropriate.
- Change Management – Ensure effective Change Management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders.
- Risks & Issues – Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate. Identify and work with related projects to manage interdependencies.
- Governance – Support effective governance and decision making. Provide reporting and engage in mechanisms that hold you, as Project Manager, to account for delivery.
- Assurance – Engage with assurance reviews and support action on recommendations. Organise assurance processes such as gateway reviews, as required.
- Resources – Identify skill requirements; and deploy and develop resources. Manage a medium sized team.
- Guidance & Support – Provide support, guidance and coaching for the project team. Show commitment to personal development. Promote effective individual and team performance. .
- Budget – Develop the budget and track delivery within budget.
- Benefits Realisation – Deliver the agreed Business Case benefits and outcomes. Ensure appropriate Benefits Realisation Strategy is in place, and monitor longer term delivery of benefits against the Business Case.