Project Manager- Comms. Consultancy
Project Manager needed with an agency background to join a specialist communications consultancy. with clients in the FT500 and privately-owned companies in the financial and professional services sectors.
The Project Manager will support senior colleagues on delivery of a broad range of client work, from b2b magazines and journals to one off digital, narrative and messaging projects. It is a client facing role, which will involve some client management and, in time, potentially taking the lead on managing relationships with smaller clients.
A self-starter is needed with the confidence to communicate with internal project stakeholders, the successful candidate will proactively manage project issues; escalate these as appropriate, and be able to positively enthuse and engage people at key points.
DELIVERY OF PROJECTS:
The work delivered for clients must be of the highest standard and systems and processes must be implemented to ensure this. This role will manage multiple projects using best practice techniques and tools to do this successfully. An understanding of the importance of establishing a project management structure at project initiation will be critical as will the ability to adaptively manage projects.
This role will need to be able to manage all aspects of the project lifecycle to an exceptionally high standard – budgets, project plans, briefs (writing and delivering), internal workflows, timescales and margins of jobs, managing internal stakeholders, managing third party suppliers. Projects should thus achieve:
- exceptional results for clients, delivered with a high level of attention to detail
- a client experience that is easy, friendly, proactively managed and highly responsive
- profitable returns
The Project Manager plays a vital role in contributing to the commercial success of the team by:
- ensuring a repeat seeking experience for our clients
- proactively engaging in client development – including seeking opportunities for further work
- managing projects to deliver strong margins – hitting or exceeding targets
- contributing to pitch preparation and proposals, including ensuring that all proposed ideas and solutions are technically robust.
- improving margins on long term, repeat work
This role manages all content input on projects, allocating the time of creatives onto work, and ensuring good communication between colleagues. This is critical to ensure full support to the wider business in the servicing of our clients. Experience of managing creative resource is highly desirable; executing the role will depend on strong creative briefing skills to ensure the best results and use of creative time. Doing this will ensure maximum efficiency in the management of resources and a smooth, optimally structured workflow between internal and external contributors.
Experience and skills:
- 4-5 years minimum in a project management role
- Experience of working in a creative /design environment, so has rigor and an understanding of the briefing and creative process
- Experience in managing brand, copy, digital and film projects
- Experience of direct senior client contact and management of senior client relationships
- Experienced in 360-degree management
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity and ease with project management tools
- Interest in finance, corporate/current affairs - crucial
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Flexible approach
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.