Localisation Project Manager
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 900 staff across ten offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 80m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
The Localisation team is responsible for all translation and localisation needs at Skyscanner. We process various types of content and work very closely with multiple internal teams, from software engineers and product managers to copywriters and UX designers. Additionally, we partner with external language providers that are responsible for the translation, while we focus on ensuring English content is of high quality and localisation-ready. All of us are are also full-time localisation evangelists, providing support and insights into linguistic and localisation challenges to the teams we work with and advocating for the importance of localisation and how to get it right. We own our own processes and tools and work continuously to identify areas for improvement and provide value to the whole business.
What You Can Expect As a Localisation Project Manager
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
- An opportunity to work with teams across the business and have real influence and autonomy
- A place where you can relish in your passion and enthusiasm for the travel market
- An environment of continuous improvement where you optimise for impact and velocity
What Experience You Can Bring
- Extensive experience in independently processing continuous translation requests with multiple external partners under tight deadlines and managing all project requirements, from content evaluation to quotation and delivery.
- Knowledge of software localisation and internaitonalisation best practices, with an understanding of linguistics and localisation challenges.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with internal stakeholders while advocating for localisation impact and internationalisation requirements.
- Hands-on experience in maintaining and building language reference materials (glossaries,style guides, etc) to ensure highest accuracy, quality and alignment with market and brand guidelines.
- Up-to-date knowledge of terminology, machine translation and translation management workflows/software.
- A proven track record of managing external translation providers, tracking performance metrics and improving collaboration.
- Understanding of key translation management metrics to convey the translation impact to the business Experience of working in a lean and agile environment with hands on experience of relevant techniques and tools and a passion for technology.
- Understanding of A/B testing and AAARR metrics and the impact localisation efforts could have on them
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to massage chairs, to free food, holiday buying scheme as well as frequent townhalls with our CEO. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first.