This is an opportunity to support a variety of projects within the Research Support Office at one of Edinburgh's leading Universities. The RSO helps develop research projects at any scale. This includes horizon scanning, guidance on research funders, advice on targeting the right opportunities, identifying pathways to impact, developing research bids and dealing with contractual matters upon award.
We require a technical project manager to support the development of project initialisation, planning and reporting documentation for a variety of projects: eg organisational change projects, global research projects which aim to address many of the world's challenges such as climate change, and technical projects.
This short-term role will support thier International Development Research Support Adviser in the set-up of a number of projects: specifically in developing documentation for project initialisation; planning key milestones, creating Gantts, supporting budget setting and setting in place reporting protocols for colleagues outside the traditional project environment.
To be successful in this role you will have these essential skills -
- Strong background in applied project management within a professional services environment.
- Hands-on project set-up experience (bearing in mind our requirements are not within the ICT sector but for research and development projects and change projects/programmes).
- Project delivery experience.
- Experience in using appropriate PM tools and software.
- Strong client management experience.
- Experience in resource planning within a projects environment.
- A proven background from working with project management technology and working with professionals of different backgrounds and with varying experience.
- First class communication skills, especially in written communication - a proven ability to create well-structured and articulate reports.
- Analytical mind-set and an excellent attention to detail.
- Act to resolve any complex requirements.
- Provide expertise in working with colleagues to translate requirements and support these details into the new project specifications.
THIS ROLE IS INSIDE IR35
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
We welcome applications from all sections of society and applicants will be considered on the basis of their suitability for the position