Manager of Airport PMO Project Management Office
A Project Management Office Manager ( or PMO Manager ) is urgently required at Toronto Airport, Canada. In this role you will be responsible for the development and management of the Toronto Airport capital construction project management practices, its construction performance management, governance standards, processes, policies and for documentation and reporting standards. These include the areas of Planning, Reporting, Continuous Improvement and Training and Development.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Associate Director of the Project Management Office you will work;
- To ensure visibility of the pipeline of new projects in support of development of capital plans and to support efficient project delivery
- To develop, update and maintain reports and tools to support assessment of goals and objectives, performance measures and metrics
- Establish standardized methodology for compiled and reported information to management by using dashboards, metrics, and technology platforms
- To track the status of all capital projects (budget, scope and schedule)
- To ensure consistent project delivery processes and methodology between projects managed by internal resources and those delivered by third party service providers
- To develop, update and revise policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure efficiency in planning, design and construction
- To establish design and construction project management standards, monitors effectiveness and perform regular assessments of projects to ensure compliance
- Develop, update and maintain process flows, playbooks, quick reference guides and templates to support project delivery
- Develop, communicate and drive implementation of process changes initiatives and improvements
- Help ensure continuous improvement takes place at Toronto Airport
- Facilitate adaption and adoption of new technologies that improve efficiency and processes
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in a similar environment is likely to be required
- Knowledge of project monitoring systems including, but not limited to, scheduling, cost and change control
- Demonstrated analytical skills in assessing and reviewing business processes to identify options, best practices and opportunities to improve service delivery
- Demonstrated ability to prepare process documents, policies and project documents (e.g. business case, feasibility study,budget estimates, etc)
- Knowledge of design and construction
- Knowledge of consultant and construction related procurement practices and procedures
- High degree of initiative and creativity
- Exceptional personal drive and motivation
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Post-secondary degree in architecture, engineering, project management, business or a combination of education and experience
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment is excited to be recruiting at Toronto Airport, the leading global hub airport in Canada. The airport has plans to deliver over CAD$2.1 Billion in capital works over the next 5 years and projects and stakeholders working here can offer stability of employment for many years to come.
Applications are welcome from non-Canadian citizens with relevant experience and qualifications as work permits and Canadian residency can be obtained.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
There is likely to be a 15% of salary bonus attached to this position.
Relocation packages can be discussed for non Canadian citizens