Senior Property Project Manager
An exciting Project Management vacancy has arisen with a unique employer who are one of the largest private owners of residential property in the UK and work largely in Property Development.
The successful candidate will work in a very niche and challenging role as part of a small team of staff within a highly professional business division. This role will incorporate project management, practical, health & safety and financial responsibilities in a rewarding and professional environment.
The position would likely suit a current Site Manager or Project Manager with a strong knowledge of residential projects in construction. Due to a high level of bespoke IT systems, candidates must be very IT literate.
In this role you will report directly to the Head of Project Management whilst managing at least one Site Supervisor. Your role will be to manage and coordinate the day to day responsibility of all aspects of the construction, refurbishment, procurement and post completion processes on designated sites in accordance with agreed strategies and budgets. The role will be office based but will require travel to sites across England and Wales when required.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Project Management:
- In conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor you will prepare all required specification and contractual documentation for tendering/negotiation of the refurbishment works.
- You will manage and direct the pre-start and ongoing review meetings with contractors, in accordance with the agreed procurement strategies and timescales.
- You will oversee the Site Instruction Form Sign Off process and ensure all associated plans and information is accurate.
- You will manage all variations from the scope of the Project Definition ensuring proper identification, communication and approval.
- You will manage the handover of units from contractor to build and from build to sales.
- You will assist the Head of Project Management (HPM) in the production of project specific specifications.
- You will oversee the post completion activities. Including the handover of sites to the management company agents.
- You will Identify solutions to problems and organise activities to deliver them.
2. Financial Management:
- You will assist the QS in the preparation of all required information for the appraisal and definition processes.
- You will assist the QS in ensuring all data within the project cost databases is maintained at all stages.
- You will be responsible for the financial performance of projects in conjunction with the supporting QS.
3. Support Sales and Marketing:
- You will attend and assist at sales launches when required.
- You will provide technical assistance to the Head of Sales Management (HSM) in relation to all design and specification matters.
4. Health & safety
- You will adhere to the Company’s health and safety policy, ensuring that all practices and procedures are undertaken in accordance with a healthy and safe working environment both in the office and on sites.
- You will ensure awareness and understanding of the Company Health & Safety Policy and the required obligations as an employee.
- You will participate fully and effectively in any employee consultations and training sessions.
5. Management and training:
- You will manage staff in accordance with Company policy, providing leadership, direction and support.
- You will manage recruitment and induction of staff.
- You will conduct and report staff appraisal reviews in line with Company policy.
- Oversee training requirements of staff
6. Self development
- To take note of your own training and development needs both personal and professional and to periodically review these and any agreed objectives with the HPM.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with a House Builder or Main Contractor is preferred, consultancy experience is also considered
- Strong residential project experience is desired
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills are required
- Must be Computer Literate (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, and any programmes that would be relevant to the role concerned including any computer system experience used to track projects)
- A formal qualification such as Degree or HND is desired in a relevant subject such as Project Management or similar
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining one of the largest private owners of residential property in the UK, who operate in the construction, regeneration, and refurbishment or homes Nationwide. This a great opportunity to gain experience with a unique business, reporting directly to the Head of Project Management.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £55k - £60k Basic Salary
- Fully expensed company car.
- 22 Days (excluding Public & Bank holidays) + 3 days closedown at Christmas/ new year.
- Up to 15% (of basic salary) discretionary annual bonus based on performance.
- Company (BUPA) Private Health Insurance (incls. Cover for spouse and direct dependants) and annual health check for employee only.
- Group Life Assurance (8 x salary).
- Group Permanent Health Protection (50% salary after 6 mths absence).
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (employer pays 7%, then the Salary Sacrifice Scheme where employer matches employee contributions up to a maximum of 7%).
Apply for Senior Property Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly