Senior Project Manager
GBST is an Australian founded (and listed) technology provider that is a market leader in the financial services industry. Today GBST’s footprint is global, spanning the following locations: Australia, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, US and Vietnam. We provide a full range of solutions from front-end / digital and mobile through to back-office operations. We pride ourselves on our reputation of providing high quality, mission critical solutions for our clients where we enjoy a collaborative and close working relationship. Our clients service a diverse range of high-profile brands within the banking, superannuation, custodians, funds management and stockbroking industries.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our dynamic Project Delivery team in our London office. The successful candidate will:
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Responsible for delivering projects within agreed budget and time constraints, whilst maintaining control of the scope and impact of changes through a formal sign off process
- Ensuring the quality of the implementation, the satisfaction of the client and the well-being of team members
- Managing staff and assigning work according to project needs
- At least 5 years recent and proven experience as a hands-on Project Manager in the IT industry delivering large scale, mission critical projects, ideally from a Software Vendor perspective, having had direct responsibility for time plans, cost control, project reporting and change management
- Proven experience of working within a client-supplier environment with client-facing and commercial responsibilities
- Proven software implementation experience (ideally large package solutions with integration to the rest of the enterprise IT) and understanding of software development methodologies and lifecycles
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills operating with senior sponsors internally and on client side
- Able to be assertive with clients, whilst maintaining a strong relationship
- Proven experience in administration in areas of documentation and reporting
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to manage client expectations from the outset
- Strong leadership qualities and able to lead by example
- Able to manage people with various skills sets and years of experience whilst gaining their respect
- Good logical & analytical problem resolution skills
- Experience working within Life & Pensions, Financial Services or related business area
- Project Management qualification (APM, Prince2, PMI) and/or experience of a recognised method
If you have the relevant skills and experience that meet our current needs, are looking for a challenging role to further develop your career, and would like to join our dynamic team, then we would love to hear from you!
Successful candidates will experience a rewarding, exciting and challenging environment, where the client dependencies on our software and services are both varied and challenging.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity please register your interest here: https://gbst.taleo.net/careersection/gbst_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000058&tz=GMT%2B00%3A00
Our Company & Culture:
GBST provides innovative technology solutions to the global financial services industry. Today GBST has over 500 employees located in the following locations: Australia, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, US and Vietnam. We at GBST are continually building on our reputation as a specialist supplier of high quality, robust administration and transaction processing solutions for the Wealth Management and Capital Markets industries. We service a diverse range of high profile clients within the banking, funds management and stockbroking industries.
We at GBST are aware of the importance of developing our leaders for the future and as such, we are committed to investing in our talented people.
We pride ourselves on our diverse culture, and value our people that come from different backgrounds, ensuring individual ideas and thoughts are incorporated into our service delivery. Together we strive to deliver high quality results in all aspects of our workplace.