Executive Manager, EMEA Delivery
GBST is an Australian founded (and listed) technology provider that is a market leader in the financial services industry. Today GBST’s footprint is global, spanning the following locations: Australia, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, US and Vietnam. We provide a full range of solutions from front-end / digital and mobile through to back-office operations. We pride ourselves on our reputation of providing high quality, mission critical solutions for our clients where we enjoy a collaborative and close working relationship. Our clients service a diverse range of high-profile brands within the banking, superannuation, custodians, funds management and stockbroking industries.
We are currently seeking an Executive Manager, EMEA Delivery to join our dynamic Project Delivery team in our London office. The successful candidate will:
- Direct, supervise and govern all EMEA client projects to ensure that their execution and implementation is in accordance with specified objectives.
- ensure the quality of implementation meets the satisfaction of the client and the wellbeing of team members, as well as contractual obligations.
- manage and grow Project Delivery Practice capability.
The Key Responsibilities for this role are:
Perform Project Director / Sponsor role for EMEA Projects.
- Contractual and commercial aspects
- Managing the strategic direction of projects and maintaining a cross project view
- Ensuring staff are working effectively on projects and in accordance with GBST project delivery guidelines
·Manage projects to keep them within budget and where this is not possible, renegotiate the budgets ·Ensure that the projects deliver the promised functionality and agreed quality standards ·Minimise and manage GBST project and commercial risk
- Work to agreed commercial position on client projects
- Assist with setting the regional and project portfolio revenue targets at the beginning of each financial year and ensuring the project portfolio-related element is met each year
- Manage the resources and expenditure to maximize margin on each project
- Produce revenue and headcount forecasts on a regular basis for projects and team members managed
·Provide input to the sales process for EMEA, in particular on implementation aspects during pre-sales activities
- Overall responsibility for the EMEA Project Management team.
- Forecasting demand and managing supply of suitable Project Management capability for current and future projects
- Capability development – review overall capability and undertake planned development to address gaps
- Work with other senior managers on scheduling of available resources to various activities and phases of all projects within the portfolio
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within the IT / Financial Services Industry in a Portfolio or Programme Manager role, managing a large team delivering multiple software development and client implementation projects.
- Extensive, demonstrated skills in portfolio, project & programme management including portfolio reporting and forecasting, the management of integration, scope, schedule, cost, quality and resources (both human and technology) in the software development and implementation arena.
- Demonstrated good working knowledge of an industry standard project management methodology (e.g. PRINCE2 , PMBOK) including a solid understanding of standard concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams across projects.
- Solid exposure to business / IT Change Management.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Highly developed client management and commercial skills.
- Disciplined, well organised and methodical.
- Ability to impart knowledge and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong leadership qualities and able to lead by example.
- Good logical & analytical problem resolution skills.
If you have the relevant skills and experience that meet our current needs, are looking for a challenging role to further develop your career, and would like to join our dynamic team, then we would love to hear from you!
Successful candidates will experience a rewarding, exciting and challenging environment, where the client dependencies on our software and services are both varied and challenging.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity please register your interest here: https://gbst.taleo.net/careersection/gbst_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=1800005Y&tz=GMT%2B00%3A00
Our Company & Culture:
GBST provides innovative technology solutions to the global financial services industry. Today GBST has over 500 employees located in the following locations: Australia, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, US and Vietnam. We at GBST are continually building on our reputation as a specialist supplier of high quality, robust administration and transaction processing solutions for the Wealth Management and Capital Markets industries. We service a diverse range of high-profile clients within the banking, funds management and stockbroking industries.
We at GBST are aware of the importance of developing our leaders for the future and as such, we are committed to investing in our talented people.
We pride ourselves on our diverse culture, and value our people that come from different backgrounds, ensuring individual ideas and thoughts are incorporated into our service delivery. Together we strive to deliver high quality results in all aspects of our workplace.