Integrated Project Leader
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Integrated Project Leader to join our Water business unit to work in Peterborough.
As Senior Project Manager/Leader (Water) known as an Integrated Project Leader within the @One Alliance.
What you'll be doing
As an Integrated Project Leader, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
- Influence the overall programme of works with Assets Planning and the manner in which the delivery strategies are organised.
- Lead the design, construction, commissioning and after care of all projects, to agreed handover. Ensure they are completed in the most efficient manner, at the same time as ensuring the H&S of all concerned.
- Lead and manage a delivery team and all key stakeholder groups.
- Be accountable for a group of projects from asset planning to Asset operation. Deliver these by complying with Alliance Governance and processes specifically; Project Management, Health & Safety, Commercial, Risk & Value, Budget control.
- Lead and manage a delivery team ad all key stakeholder groups.
Who we're looking for
The following personal qualities and experience are required for the role:
Manage within an organisation that lives the required @one behaviours;
- Take personal responsibility. Do what you say you will, when you say you will and hold each other to account
- Maintain highest standards for H&S and seek to understand the needs and wellbeing of others, act to support where you can
- Engage with customers and stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes
- Align, develop and value team relationships, recognise their importance to achieving success
- Openly value collaborative working and embrace our inclusive and diverse culture
- Be resilient, respond positively to challenge, see challenges as learning and improvement opportunities
- Strive to deliver continuous improvement and actively share learning
- Seek opportunities to understand and contribute to strategy and deliver to this in your role
- Praise and reinforce others achievement, celebrate success!
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Based in Peterborough, with good transport links from Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and Rutland, the roles include all engineering disciplines, quantity surveyors, project delivery managers plus many more.
The contract is based from an integrated office at Peterborough offering a collaborative, innovative and unique working environment with a subsidised café, free parking and teams focused on the customers we serve within the Anglian Water region.
The collaborative working environment allows our teams to develop many technical and personal skills to enhance future personal opportunities within the alliance project.
Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group has been a member of Anglian Water’s @one Alliance since 2004, delivering a number of major water projects.
The @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme.
The Anglian Water @one Alliance will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately £1.2billion between April 2015 and March 2020, known as AMP6 – the current five year investment period, working closely with Anglian Water operations teams and other key stakeholders.
The contract is for the entire five-year regulatory period, from 2015 to 2020, with extensions which could take it to 2030, making it one of the longest collaborations in the sector. It operates within an alliance of delivery partners set up by Anglian Water
As a stakeholder within the Anglian Water @one Alliance, Balfour Beatty provide both design and construction services across the whole of Anglian Water’s region, which is the largest by geographic area in the UK, stretching from the Humber to the Thames estuary and from Buckinghamshire to the East Coast. Work is mainly focussed on clean water infrastructure (water mains), but also includes wastewater pipes and non-infrastructure projects, such as treatment works.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.