Head of Portfolio Office
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Portfolio Office to join the team based in Mansfield.
This is a really exciting time to join the Coal Authority as we continue to implement our ambitious 5 year plan and as the Head of Portfolio Office you’ll lead and facilitate the process of business planning and delivery assurance across a complex multi-million pound operational business, through the development and implementation of portfolio, programme and project management best practice. The role is integral to our strategy and requires close working relationships with our Executive Leadership team and reports directly into the Strategy and Performance Director.
Our work keeps the public protected from the effects of historical mining and improves and enhances the environment. We also prevent water courses from being contaminated and work with both private and public partners to manage their risks and help support their strategic decisions. Using our knowledge, experience and vast databases we’re also supporting the housing and construction markets with mining information products and services.
Our people really are our greatest asset and that’s why we’re developing a learning culture where they feel valued, are listened to and can grow and develop. We’re inclusive, progressive and offer flexible working options and great benefits including family friendly policies in a modern work environment. We’re an exciting organisation where you have the opportunity to make a real difference.
As our Head of Portfolio Office you'll have:
- Extensive PMO experience using the P30 methodology to work strategically with an Executive Leadership Team and Heads of Department to support consistent strategic delivery
- Experience of both Business Planning & Annual Corporate Planning
- The emotional and political intelligence to work with a range of stakeholders across the organisation to enable the right outcomes
- The ability to build consensus and lead change across a multi-disciplinary environment
- A flexible approach to achieving outcomes, with the ability to inspire and lead whilst being willing to be hands on and able to prioritise a diverse workload when necessary
- A collaborative, ‘team player’ approach
- The ability to work independently and manage and prioritise workload
- Strong numeracy, planning and analytical skills, attention to detail and a logical and methodical approach
- Strong facilitation skills, with the ability to get Senior Leaders enthused and committed to a new direction
- Outstanding communication skills both written and oral, able to convey and simplify complex information
As our Head of Portfolio Office you'll be:
- Leading the continued development of portfolio management across the organisation
- Providing key information and assurance to the Executive team and Senior Managers to enable timely and effective management decisions
- Implementing and embedding best practice as well as process improvements which will add real value to stakeholders
- Leading development of the portfolio narrative, linking business planning with Coal Authority vision, purpose and strategic objectives
- Creating short term and long terms plans, analysing dependencies and producing planning documents and performance reporting metrics
- Driving joined up and effective risk management processes through the organisation
Benefits of becoming our Head of Portfolio Office:
- Excellent salary
- Civil Service Pension
- 27.5 days plus Bank Holidays + 6 days Flexi Leave
- Non- contractual Performance Related Pay
- Flexible Working
- Gym Membership contribution plus more
If you feel that you are the right candidate for the role as our Head of Portfolio Office then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Because of the number of applications expected, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks and will be subject to UK Immigration requirements.
The Coal Authority embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.