Building Services Project Manager
Regents Crescent is a £180.0m project consisting of 76 Luxury apartments and the refurbishment of 92 existing apartments. The building was originally designed by John Nash who designed Buckingham palace and as part of the work we are building a grade one heritage façade and building over an Ice House (an ancient monument). Internally there is a full fit out which includes a swimming pool, leisure area, lecture theatre, cinema and multimedia room.
Role & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the ‘Operations Director’ the Building Services Project Manager has overall responsibility for the design and delivery of the Building Services Systems within the project.
With the assistance of their team they are to manage the Building Services consultants and supply chain specialists to deliver a design to programme that meets the Employers Requirements, commercial budget and any specific programme constraints (I.e sectional commissioning to suit section handovers). Manage the Building Services delivery team to install the systems in line with the design, on time as per the project programme, within the commercial budget and importantly in a manner that meets all health, safety, environmental and quality standards.
· With support from the ‘Building Services Design Co-ordination Manager’ ensure that the Building Services Design is available in line with programme requirements.
o Maintain schedules to track the production of information against the programme
o Facilitate design workshops to encourage all design stakeholders, Building Services Consultants, Architects and Supply Chain Specialists to review the co-ordination of their elements of design and check that the design is compliant with the Employers Requirements.
o Facilitate workshops to provide the opportunity for members of the projects delivery team to review build-ability aspects of the design and to table any challenges encountered during the installation of the works on site that may require clarifications or modifications to the design.
o Facilitate workshops with the ‘Building Services Quantity Surveyor’ to review the compliance of the design with the ‘Contractors Proposals’ and project commercial budget.
o Manage the RFI process and maintain updated schedules recording the process.
· Review, react and communicate any potential impact relating to information that is forecast not to be provided in line with the programme or indeed will become available ahead of the programmed dates to enable the programme benefit to be realised. Prepare mitigation plans if/as required to advise the wider team accordingly.
· With support from the ‘Project Design Manager’ ensure that the Design information is available to all relevant parties on the projects document management system (Google Drive / Project Vault). Undertake sufficient reviews to ensure that it is the latest revisions of information that is available on the system and that only information that has been through the agreed design review process has been uploaded to the system.
· Provide feedback at the direction of the ‘Project Director’ to advise on the impact of client change upon the Building Services Design.
· At all stages of the design it is essential that commissioning activity requirements are considered and not compromised.
· With support from the ‘Shell & Core Building Services Manager’ and ‘Building services Supervisors oversee the install of the systems on site.
o Maintain programmes to track the install progress on site and communicate look ahead programmes to the Supply Chain. Prepare a sufficient number of different styles of programmes to manage, evaluate and communicate the progress and planned sequences to different members of the team and Supply Chain. Some programmes will be required to communicate a significant level of detail to manage interfaces on a day to day basis, others will be required with a lot less detail in order to simply identify the instant impact of the current progress status or potential programme changes on sectional or overall completion dates.
o With support from the ‘Project Planner’ ensure that the overall project programme accurately co-ordinates the timing/sequence of all trades on site to incorporate the specific requirements of the building Services install.
· With support from the ‘Project Planner’ maintain an updated Project Delivery Programme.
· Set up / or maintain processes to have the ability to accurately evaluate the weekly progress performance of the ‘Building Services Team and Supply Chain’.
· React to, and communicate any potential impact resulting from insufficient progress or indeed enhanced progress from the programme to the ‘Project Director’ to enable the impact on the overall project programme to be reviewed and prepare mitigation plans as a result from any programme impacts accordingly.
· At all stages of the install it is essential that commissioning activity requirements are considered and not compromised.