Junior Project Manager
The role of Junior Project Manager is to support the Project Management team including: tracking status of programme deliverables and milestones; supporting the adoption of the project lifecycle and deliverables; programme level risk and issue coordination; monitoring the status of projects transitioning into normal service; coordination of the regular project and programme level reporting cycles; co-ordination of project Governance arrangements, Post Project Reviews, Programme level workshops.
Additional responsibilities include assisting the Delivery Function in general and Project Managers in particular, with defining and updating the project management processes, standards and governance, assisting Project Managers on large projects, contributing to Quality Reviews, and co-ordinating activities in support of quality objectives. At times the Junior Project Managers may be asked to provide project support, when this is the case this will include, amongst other things, ensuring project plans and project documentation are complete and up-to-date, provide regular project status updates, help acquire the necessary resources and skills, and contribute to the delivery of business systems to meet identified business requirements.
Governance & Control
- Implement governance standards across the portfolio, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of programme deliverables
- Manage programme level Lessons Learned repository; attend Post Project Review meetings to identify key areas of improvement to be captured into the Lessons Learnt repository
- Manage the programme level risks and issues register
Planning, Reporting & Control
- Assist the team with the initiation of projects including: organising and documenting project workshops; creating project documentation repositories; organising and diarising regular project meetings, both internal and external
- Organise workshops to identify areas of improvement for projects, documenting recommendations and presenting them to the Director of Investment Management
- Build up a repository of project templates both technical and management to support the Project Managers – use examples from current and past projects to identify best practice
- Continue to evolve the processes and templates throughout the project lifecycle
- Implement project standards across all projects in the portfolio
- Update and administer the programme plan as required using reports from Project Managers and the outcomes of project and board level meetings and workshops
- Prepare consolidated material from project reports for monthly review
- Complete and distribute monthly portfolio level reports.
Junior Project Manager responsibilities when providing project support include:
- Supporting the definition of small/medium project Business Cases (scope, goals, deliverables, costs, timescales, plans, dependencies, resource requirements and milestones)
- Ensuring pre-scope project plan is communicated to all project stakeholders together with their individual responsibilities.
- Providing effective management support to project teams on small to medium sized projects, or assisting Project Managers on streams of other large projects
- Co-ordination of publication, review and sign-off of major Project Management deliverables
- Ensuring project plans are created and maintained, deliverables tracked against time and cost, and resource utilisation is monitored
- Monitoring and reporting on progress of the project to the Project Board and all stakeholders